Bad Breath!

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I'm new here! I was just wondering if there are any remedies for terrible bully breath?? Katie's is just :barf:... smells like iron (like blood, but she isn't bleeding) and.. well idk what else.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Lucy had stink breath and it turned out that she needed her teeth cleaned. The vet did it now her breath is fine.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2363]Wlw9x[/MENTION], Vegas does not always have bad breath but when he does :barf:, When he got his two year checkup they did look in his mouth at his rows of teeth, lol...I contribute his breath to eating NVI Salmon, even when I take the lid off the container in the kitchen the whole kitchen will smell of Salmon. What food do you feed? It could be that. I do feed him yogurt as a snack, about 3 times a week and that does help dogs and people with bad breath.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Have you tried brushing her teeth with doggie toothpaste? Maybe there is a rotten tooth in her mouth?

How often should we be brushing our bully's teeth? I have to confess, I haven't done this yet to Tate! Also, how do you get them to sit still while you brush? he's so wiggly even when i clean his eyes and ears.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
i like the blood/iron smell. :ashamed: i brush butler's teeth every other week with doggie toothpaste.

David Crooks

Jun 24, 2011
I know about the only one treatment which is a tooth paste for bull dogs in bad breadth.

PetzLife and ProDen
" PetzLife and ProDen "
It is the new product for Dog's teeth after having food or in same routine of washing .It is gel and spray for dog's teeth.A new and effective for Dog's gums.

Last edited by a moderator:

mandyjo

Jun 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I brush my bullys teeth a couple times a week (I am told this isn't enough) and I take her to the baseball diamond and let her run and play with the ball until she throws herself on the ground, that is when I take the opportunity to brush her teeth, and she has giant bones that she loves to scrape her teeth on in between brushings.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
My vet told me every day ... Every other at the least! They are susceptible just like us. Sounds crazy! I just started doing it on my own and haven't gotten into a routine yet but Chunk loves it! I bought peanut butter flavored toothpaste and let him sniff/lick it first. I'm still mastering actually brushing all the teeth but it's not nearly as bad as I thought. In fact, when I say, "Chunk, wanna brush your teeth?", he comes running over! :)

Actually considered bring his toothbrush/toothpaste into the bathroom ... He sits and watches me brush my teeth at night ... I could do his too. Lol

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
[MENTION=2363]Wlw9x[/MENTION], Vegas does not always have bad breath but when he does :barf:, When he got his two year checkup they did look in his mouth at his rows of teeth, lol...I contribute his breath to eating NVI Salmon, even when I take the lid off the container in the kitchen the whole kitchen will smell of Salmon. What food do you feed? It could be that. I do feed him yogurt as a snack, about 3 times a week and that does help dogs and people with bad breath.

That made me LOL!! Brodie has rows..haha

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)

DetroitSquirreL

Feb 17, 2013
Eastside of Detroit, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Villa
Villa has some kicking breath, you can smell her as she enters the room...not feeding her salmon either. I saw a few pages back a dog toothpaste to use but that post was a few years old....any new brand to try??

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.