How many of your bulldogs suck??

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
Happy 4th of July everyone. I am sitting here watching our Chesty (who I might say is feeling very left out right about now, He has not seen his babies yet...) and I am watching him suck on his toy...He can do this when Cadi is not around as she steals his "sucky" toys and chews them up. So I am wondering here...How many of your bulldogs suck on there toys instead of chewing them.:confused:

Attachments

• 2008_04020302080024.JPG
    2008_04020302080024.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 709

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Happy 4th of July everyone. I am sitting here watching our Chesty (who I might say is feeling very left out right about now, He has not seen his babies yet...) and I am watching him suck on his toy...He can do this when Cadi is not around as she steals his "sucky" toys and chews them up. So I am wondering here...How many of your bulldogs suck on there toys instead of chewing them.:confused:

Did I forget to mention that Chesty snuck in to see his babies not once, but twice?
Anyways, Orion is a daily sucker. She has her little teddy that was given to her when she was a day old. She sucks on the teddy feet for long periods of time. Can this be harmful? We do wash the teddy to eliminate bacterial buildup.........
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r278/Libra92673/?action=view&current=MVI_3231.mp4

She also doesn't like to be watched. She likes to suck in private.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I read the title and was like WHAT??? LOL

No suckers here- we got chewers. Rip the stuffing right out of stuffies!! Mandy likes to hold toys in her mouth and walk around with them to show ownership.

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
that title is kind of a throw off the subject.... hee hee

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Cutty has never done that although I have heard of many that do, kinda like a pacifier for them. How cute that is! Cutty just wants to rip apart the stuffed animals that Mugsy loves to play with. ;)

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
Horse is definetly a sucker! He sucks on all the limbs/ears/tails of his stuffed animals until they come off! I find sucked on, soggy stuffed animal parts all the time. He never eats them, or the stuffing, just sucks...

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
I wish my bullys were suckers! It would probably save us some toys, but instead they're chewers! No toy or especially stuffed animal lasts most then a day in our house! Chelios loves to rip apart the stuffed animals && play with the stuffing inside. Lol!

danangel14

Jun 4, 2010
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Dempsey
Horse is definetly a sucker! He sucks on all the limbs/ears/tails of his stuffed animals until they come off! I find sucked on, soggy stuffed animal parts all the time. He never eats them, or the stuffing, just sucks...

Dempsey too. He has several that he sucks on. He makes sucking noises in his sleep too. He also rips the stuffing out of his toys once he sucks the arms, legs, ears, tails off, so I make sure to dispose of anything he could swallow.

augieruby

Jul 5, 2010
ya i definetly have chewers too ... augie my older one used to like to suck but he grew out of it:eek:

ourcrazybulliez

Jun 23, 2010
Both of my bully babies still suckle. They suckle on their toys, blankets, beds and pillows. My boy will sometimes suckle on my finger and he is now three yrs old...haha I asked the vet about it and he use to raise bulldogs til his vet business got so busy he just didn't have time to spend quality time with all of them and he said most everyone he had ever had did the same thing, it just tends to be something comforting to them and that english bulldogs tend to keep some of their puppish behavior until they are old. They are one of the few dog breeds that seems to keep alot of puppy behaviors. I just love watching mine suckle, I think it is truly sweet. But I love just watching them sleep even and the ways they lay can be so very cute...

Dylanabaker

Sep 20, 2012
Philadelphia
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
This is hilarious! Glad Otis isn't the only one. As soon as he wakes up, finishes eating, just gets home he likes to get in a good 10 minute sucking/pacifying session in.

he just pacifies himself mostly but sometime chews the toys as well so we have had to replace a few of his favorites. We always need to buy ones that have a snout, beak, or big nose hahaha

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.