average walk

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank hates walks, so it is really difficult to get him going. We usually go for 10-20 minutes if we do. But we probably end up going only 1/4 mile. But he has a big backyard that he plays in and we also give him quite a workout when we play fetch or "chase Frank". When we can, we take him to the beach, which he loves, and he gets more exercise there.

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
Taking Typsy for a walk is like carrying a 40lb handbag. She hates her walks, goes to her spot (20-30 feet) and turns around to go home, will not move forward. I force her to walk sometimes. Now if you add a friend to the mix, she'll be running along like the happiest puppy. At least she runs a lot playing fetch with me at home/park and has fun at day camps so I am not worried.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
We try to walk Mocha every other day. Mocha doesnt like to walk most of the time and Scott ends up being the laughing stock of the neighborhood, because He has to carry Mocha all the way home:hahaha:!! If she doesnt want to walk anymore She just lays down and there is no moving her!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
We average about 15-20 mins normally. We go 40 mins on days when we feel ambitious.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
[MENTION=1927]kev122573[/MENTION] - I think Mocha's hinting that she should have a playmate! =)

H

heff101

Heff HATESSSSSSS going for walks and pretty much puts on his brakes at the end of the driveway. If we do get him to go he will only go maybe 1-2 blocks.

But he loves car rides and can go all day in the car!

Seriously thinking of trying a stroller with him in it.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Reading these responses is so funny!

Some bullies love to walk, others hate it.

Linus maxes out around 1/3 to 1/2 mile - he just sits down and that's it until he knows we're headed home. Like Bentley, Baby T can go walk for a long time but usually I keep it around a mile so he doesn't fatigue his hip too much.

Since it was 115 in Phoenix today, we did not walk at all!

luvdogz

Apr 28, 2011
I go out at the crack of dawn - 5 to 6AM - with my 8 year old bully and the other dogs and we walk for 2 miles - 1 mile out and 1 mile in. He enjoys it but does not run all over the place like the other dogs too. He doesn't run off the path. He does trot a lot though. All i have to say is "wanna go for a walk" and he springs to life in the morning.

BullyBlair

Jun 22, 2011
Puyallup (Tacoma) Washington, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
We try to walk Mocha every other day. Mocha doesnt like to walk most of the time and Scott ends up being the laughing stock of the neighborhood, because He has to carry Mocha all the way home:hahaha:!! If she doesnt want to walk anymore She just lays down and there is no moving her!!

I am smiling so hard here at work with that imagine in my mind! I can just see it!! Haha

Reggie gets a walk every other day as well.......we have had a really mild spring/early summer here in the Pacific Northwest, so when its cool as it has been (50s-60), Reg will go for a good 15-20 minutes before he looks up at me and says with those beautiful eyes "I've had enough, let's go home".
But we had a brief 80s weekend a while back, and I think we only went around the block twice before his panting was too heavy to continue.

So I see the trend here is what the weather will allow....its my first summer with a bully, so should be interesting....

I'll be following this thread with interest! Great comments everyone...

Cheers,
Blair

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
I take Zeus (3 months now) on a walk at least once a day - early in the morning and then if I can little later in the evening, depending on the weather. We dont really walk, we just drag ourselves ever soooooo slowly. I dont know mileage wise how much it is - but with the turtle speed and few brakes for water we are out of the house 30-40 mins. Even though he is panting, when we come home he still has energy for about 15 mins and then plops down to sleep. If we walk only 20mins, then he really is not fazed what so ever.....the panting worries me, sometimes he starts it like 5-6 houses down the road.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.