Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: average walk

Reading these responses is so funny!

Some bullies love to walk, others hate it.

Linus maxes out around 1/3 to 1/2 mile - he just sits down and that's it until he knows we're headed home. Like Bentley, Baby T can go walk for a long time but usually I keep it around a mile so he doesn't fatigue his hip too much.

Since it was 115 in Phoenix today, we did not walk at all!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

I go out at the crack of dawn - 5 to 6AM - with my 8 year old bully and the other dogs and we walk for 2 miles - 1 mile out and 1 mile in. He enjoys it but does not run all over the place like the other dogs too. He doesn't run off the path. He does trot a lot though. All i have to say is "wanna go for a walk" and he springs to life in the morning.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Reggie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaMarie View Post
    We try to walk Mocha every other day. Mocha doesnt like to walk most of the time and Scott ends up being the laughing stock of the neighborhood, because He has to carry Mocha all the way home:hahaha:!! If she doesnt want to walk anymore She just lays down and there is no moving her!!
    I am smiling so hard here at work with that imagine in my mind! I can just see it!! Haha

Reggie gets a walk every other day as well.......we have had a really mild spring/early summer here in the Pacific Northwest, so when its cool as it has been (50s-60), Reg will go for a good 15-20 minutes before he looks up at me and says with those beautiful eyes "I've had enough, let's go home".
    But we had a brief 80s weekend a while back, and I think we only went around the block twice before his panting was too heavy to continue.

So I see the trend here is what the weather will allow....its my first summer with a bully, so should be interesting....

I'll be following this thread with interest! Great comments everyone...

Cheers,
    Blair

Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

I take Zeus (3 months now) on a walk at least once a day - early in the morning and then if I can little later in the evening, depending on the weather. We dont really walk, we just drag ourselves ever soooooo slowly. I dont know mileage wise how much it is - but with the turtle speed and few brakes for water we are out of the house 30-40 mins. Even though he is panting, when we come home he still has energy for about 15 mins and then plops down to sleep. If we walk only 20mins, then he really is not fazed what so ever.....the panting worries me, sometimes he starts it like 5-6 houses down the road.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella
    Likes (Received)

@zeusmommy, try wetting zeus down before you go for a walk, that will help keep him cool.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

Never thought of that...I usually wet him on our brakes when we walk, but I will try this :-)

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

I've got three dogs. My Frenchton is fast so I walk him alone. BabyGirl, although she's the first one at the door anxious to be walked...she is very slow and her endurance varys. Sometimes she only makes it to my next door neighbor and the following day she may walk two blocks. Most times she will walk 45-60 mins with many interruptions (cat watching) and of course I still have to give her love pettings for encouragement. Sometime a motorbike noise will scare her and she turns around and fast walks back to the safety of home. Yesterday she came across a long earthworm. It wiggled and accidently touched her nose and that freaked her out sending her scurrying back home again.
    Mr. Wilson on the other hand is a fairly consistent walker and may even break out into a trot for a spell unless he sees a possum or cat. I walk in the evenings so this may occur occassionally. He use to keep up with the Frenchton but at 3 yrs of age he now seems to make the two block round trip only. He's my baby who gets hit with the seasonal allergies the hardest. This is my daily routine weather permitting.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

@Fontanafox.........BabyGirl sounds like Princess Gracie except Gracie is almost 5 so I dont thing she will grow out of her chickenshytness

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    @Fontanafox .........BabyGirl sounds like Princess Gracie except Gracie is almost 5 so I dont thing she will grow out of her chickenshytness

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads