wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
How far is your walks with your bullies? I know senor chubby, is well chubby, but he is done by 1/2-3/4 mile. I know he is young and bullies aren't built for endurance, quite like myself, but that kinda seems a short distance.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
[MENTION=925]wfd38383[/MENTION] Moe gets a walk everyday, most of the time it is about 3/4 miles, but sometimes if it's raining we will cut it down to 1/2 mile. He is winded a bit at the end of his walks, and has slowed his pace, but he is also a chubby boy. I don't see a need to push him any further than this, especially considering that it is generally warm here.

L

Lucy-licious

Lucy goes for a 20 minute stroll though the field down to the brook and back. It's not far but she runs around playing and chasing the ball. She is proper pooped when we get home. :)

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Bruno goes for a (long) walk with me everyday without fail for about 25 min. He is also a little winded on his way back, and runs in the house and plops himself on the cold tile like he just finished a marathon. LoL

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Lola CAN walk 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile at a stretch. However, the last month or so, she won't walk any further than halfway down our street (can still see the front door). By then, she sits and will not for any reason get up...except to turn around for home. Stubborn bullies! She runs in the backyard playing fetch and such for long stretches of time, so I'm not too worried about her exercise.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hm if sarah walks 20 feet shes winded lol. seriously, not now cause its to hot, but when its cooler i can probrably get 1/2 mile out of her maybe. she prefers to be in the house in the air conditioner on her pillow sleeping. lol.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake gets 2 walks a day. I take Dena and him about 630 in the morning for about 15 or 20 minutes. We live in a hilly area so he gets a workout! My husband takes them again right as it's getting dark. Hopefully this can continue in the summer too!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I couldn't actually guess at the length of Chunk's walks but he usually likes to walk about 20-30 minutes. He could walk a lot more but will only do that away from home ... Normally he's in a rush to get back inside to play. (he's no okay with his toys being outside!)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Since it has been over a hundred during the day with heat index and even high 80's in the evening, Vegas walks have become about 6 houses down and back. Poor thing. He acts like he has walked 2 miles and hits the cool tile for a while when we are finished. This Florida heat is brutal for bullys! (and me!!)

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
When it's cool lex can go for about 20 to 30 mins. But durin the summer we really don't go on walks cause it's been 108!!! We do try to get to the lake about once a week and play for a good 3 hrs in the water. I have found that if he is in the water staying cool he can stay outside and play and not get hot!!

Katie71275

Jun 5, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
We are not in a good area for walkin(major highway) but I have made a trolley system thingy outside and she is able to run on that for a bit(I usually do about 20mins..let her do her business and get some excercise then she comes on in).

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
We dont walk often enough to have a long distance for Cutty to be up to doing. We go to the park or around the big block usually and by the time we get home both boys are done. Not sure how far it is but I would say 15 minutes or so tops, unless we break at the park then come home later.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I have a friend who is a long time bully owner..her tip to me was when it's hot..and it gets HOT here too!...hose them down before you walk. Of course we won't go when real hot..but might help some of you get your bullies out!

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
We take Biggie in the twilight hours to help with heat issues. In the morning, we take a nice relaxed 15 - 20 minute course around the block. Just under 1/2 mile. In the evenings before bed we'll take him on the long route which tends to be nearly a mile long and take about the same time. I think he's learned that it's the longer one and he doesn't have as big of a sleepy from just waking up so it helps pick his pace up... lol. With the 1/2 mile one he doesn't seem too phased, but the mile long one has him beginning to pant.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.