Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad he is OK and nothing serious. Hope he feels better soon. BeBe said to give him a big bully kiss from her.

This is my BeBe
0206101313a.jpg

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
So glad he's ok. We do a weekly Epsom salt soak during bath day, it seems to help him from licking his paws

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Great to hear that he's ok. Maybe [MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION]'s right and regular epsom salt baths will do the trick. I wonder what he's allergic to though.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Poor thing, that looks very painful. I never would have guessed allergies. My initial though was may a splinter. Hope He's better soon.

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
Yea me too dr. said could be anything if he stepped in something n then licking paws or ate something...or licked something and I didn't c...
Was at my moms on Sunday with rocks n he was in garden with my dad n in some flowers so I have no clue...also i changed his food to Fromm chicken a la veg too so I don't know....

His poo is solid n no vomiting, I looked up online to see if it was food n it said he would likely be having these symptoms....so basically IDK....

Jenna Zepeda

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Any chance he does there's a small sticker in his pad? We have some nasty stickers down south where we camp and occassionally they get one in their pad, they're very hard to see let alone remove. Just a thought sinse he was in the rocks and floweres.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
i could be wrong and hard to tell from the pic but that looks to me like an allergic reaction yeast. Looks like some yellow on the pad as well. If that is the case then it could be from the food or just summertime in general. Sarah has what looks like that on her paws. Only the front one is the worst the others are just kinda red and one is not really red at all. Im thinking a interdigital cyst will form at some point also. You can give him a 1/2 a benadryl and see if it gets better. let us know what the vet says please and I hope all goes well.

Way to call it [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]...allergies! Who'd a thunk? Guess you!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Wow! I am glad it isnt something more serious. What is your plan to figure out what caused it?

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
I have no clue, he's been at my moms...my house and on new food....I'm not sure if it is the food so I'm thinking I might put him on salmon a la veg to if maybe it's the chicken....

Other than that I don't think we did anything too different....

He sneezes a lot when were outside like 2-3 times sometimes so might be...allergies IDK

Any suggestions on what I should monitor...

Jenna Zepeda

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
Okay....rocky finished his medicine from the vet on July 2...redness on paw gone...swollen paw gone...but ever since he's been limping and at first I thought it was his paw but was at my parents yesterday and they pointed out that his right front leg is swollen and they were rubbing it and said he has a knot in his front leg....

I wanna take him back to my vet feel it is just a waste of money....

My vet is very short with us...just an in and out kind of vet...

He's not big on answering the important questions....

When I took rocks in for red paw he wasn't really interested in determining what caused the redness/swollen paw but just heres medicine...(I'll c u in two weeks when Meds r done kind of attitude)

So I was wondering does anyone have anything like this happen to their EB, rocks jumps down from out bed which is very high, he jumps from couch, races down stairs....he won't give his front leg a rest...

HELP....ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310648902.843516.jpg

Jenna Zepeda

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
You really need to find a different vet. Why should he be short with you for worrying about poor Rocky? If his leg is swollen yo might need x-rays. I'm sorry to be of no real help...just encourage you to find a new vet.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Yeah. My vets are great but it did not stop me from a second and third opinion lol. If he has a lump with his limp, I would try a new vet. Good luck!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.