Rocky limping paw very red

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
I was wondering can this bee from the new dog food, he is on Fromm chicken a la veg....it's only one paw....

Jenna Zepeda

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Hmmm, I dunno. If it's only on one paw and he's limping, to me that would sound more like an injury. I would highly encourage you to have a vet make that call. Our Bullies may seem like big scaredy cats sometimes, but they have a tolerance for pain like a brick wall and if they're limping for any extended amount of time, I would be worried.

*Edit; Although, if you just recently switched his diet over to a chicken based formula, do keep an eye out for a while for other allergy related symptons. Not every dog is the same, but some have been shown to be allergic to chicken.

Last edited:

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I dont think this might be food related, maybe he hurt himself somehow??? I think you should call the vet.Poor Rocky, I love Him:heart:

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
Yea I need to just sucks really low on $$ due to rocks hospital visit for his tremors....sucks I don't know what to do well I do but don't know how I'm going to do it

Jenna Zepeda

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
I mean his poop is solid and no diarrhea...wouldn't that be a problem if it was the food...I'm going crazy

Jenna Zepeda

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sounds like an injury to me, Poor Rocky. Does he have a cut on it, maybe on his pads or between the toes? I would keep an eye on it and if it gets worse take him to the vet to get it checked. Hope he gets well soon.

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
I didn't c any cut but just redness between toes n lil redness on back of pad but he was at my moms on Sunday with the other dogs playing and who knows what he got into....
I am going to keep on eye but should I put neosporin on it to help a little or maybe some peroxide...??? To help a lil until take til vet....?

Help...? Feel like a bad owner....:<

Jenna Zepeda

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh no. Would you be able to get a picture? Maybe we can be of more help once we see the injured foot.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
a little peroxide and neosporin never hurts, hopefully it will get better soon.

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
My fiancé came home and tried to look at it and rocky was pissed...pushing him and trying to bite him....so I am thinking too it's an injury...going to take him mañana to vet....my fiancé said looks like a blister....

He checked other front paw n looks normal bot swollen....

So well c

Jenna Zepeda

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308676866.259891.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308676886.043546.jpg

Best I could get hes sleeping and don't want to irritate him more...:(

Jenna Zepeda

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
hmmm looks like he hurt himself somehow? For it to be that red. Good luck and let us know what the vet says.

edited to add: I also wanted to say that if it was just red, I wouldn't worry too much and I would just clean it well and put some peroxide on it. BUT since he is limping, it is probably a good idea to go to the vet. Is there a lump anywhere?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i could be wrong and hard to tell from the pic but that looks to me like an allergic reaction yeast. Looks like some yellow on the pad as well. If that is the case then it could be from the food or just summertime in general. Sarah has what looks like that on her paws. Only the front one is the worst the others are just kinda red and one is not really red at all. Im thinking a interdigital cyst will form at some point also. You can give him a 1/2 a benadryl and see if it gets better. let us know what the vet says please and I hope all goes well.

Last edited:
OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
Went to vet this morning and vet said allergies... He doesn't know to what he said it could be a # of things....rocky got two shots for inflammation and infection I believe and then he got two prescriptions:
Cephalexin for an antibiotic and hydroxyzine for the allergies.....

Also he told me to soak his feet in Epsom salt and warm water....

Good thing rocks doesn't mind that....ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308757743.051078.jpg

My poor baby....

Jenna Zepeda

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.