A very agressive Bulldog towards some other big dogd

sewtater

May 6, 2011
I have a 6 year old female English Bulldog. She use to be really sweet around other dogs. I take in a few at our house but lately it seems to be the new dogs. It is almost seems she go in a jelesouley rage for no reason. She doesn't bothe the smaller dog. I at the end of my wits how to get it stop. The client's dogs never provokes the a fight It is always the bully! What can I do????? Either have to find a new home or I am running away. Please can any one tell me

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It seems as if she is trying to tell the new dogs who is the leader of the pack in your home. As soon as they enter, their appears to be an immediate power struggle.

You said you have other dogs that are permanent like your bulldog ... how many of these other dogs do you have and are they spayed/neutered. Also, your other permanent dogs .... how do they react to the newcomers. In other words, are they 100% submissive to the client's dogs. Also, do you run a dog sitting service? If so, how many new dogs do you get at a time?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm not entirely clear...you take in other dogs..for what? Sounds like she's jealous and really acting out. If she's jealous AND there are dogs in her domain..that's ALL the reason she needs! Maybe you can isolate her...not sure because I'm a bit confused. Sorry..just don't run away!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes sounds like she is telling new dogs that she is alpha in your house. Very understandable. It may be better to have her meet new dogs away from the house first. Like at a park or somewhere away from her territory.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I was just thinking you should have her meet new dogs outside and then when you go in, let her go FIRST. She sounds like she wants them to know she is in charge and the suggestion I have is to support her position or there will be conflict.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.