Wart?

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
Anyone has had a case with a cyst like bump between a bully's back paw. At first glance the vet said it's a wart but it's kinda red and a bite smaller than a dime now. She does lick it from time to time. Can it be a cyst or a wart?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It is probably an interdigital cysts, you can soak it in Epson salt or put Preparation H on it to reduce the swelling, my Lucy Lu gets them some times. Your vet should have known this.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I agree with [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]. Most likely it is a cyst. You should start treating her know before it gets bad. Also agree that the vet should have known what this was.:heart:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I do agree that it sounds like an interdigital cyst. Maggie got them at the same time we discovered she was allergic to chicken .. she was on chicken n veg at the time. Unfortunately Maggie licked hers so much that they became infected and so she had to go to the vets with them!!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I agree with everyone else about it sounding like an interdigital cyst. My Wilson on one paw had those cysts between his toes and overnight they swelled up and made his paw look double wide. Didn't know what they were until we got to the vets and she said they are very common in English Bulldogs. He got some antibiotics and a spray and again overnight they shrunk down. Did some research after that and there are so many theories as to why. Some claim ingrown hairs while others think a minor injury allows bacteria to enter and cause infection. All I know is I am consistently washing his feet in either water with Epsom salts, cider vinegar or Mal-a-Ket medicated shampoo. This last week he has been hit hard with red yeast on his feet despite my washing and will probably need an allergy shot and maybe some meds to control the yeast.

Einstein the Great

Jun 14, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Einstein
[MENTION=939]NikkiSchoolcraft[/MENTION]...when do you use the Epsom salt? Right when you see one popping up? What if it's already ruptured can you still soak their paw. Seems like it would hurt. He has one right now. Just trying to find the poor guy relief because he just sits there and licks constantly. Thanks!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.