English Bulldog Personal/Home Protection Training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
I was told that there are these guys in California who have recently been training, specifically English Bulldogs for Personal protection. The videos are pretty impressive. I had no idea the bullies had that in them.
User name on youtube is barton4004.

Man I screwed up the Title =( How do I fix it?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hmmm I don't know how attack training works. I only watched a couple of them. But how many burglars are gonna break in wearing padding? Or how many attackers? Because it seemed like the padding is what the dogs were trained to attack.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I have not looked at the videos but I can't imagine any of my Bulldogs making the cut as a personal protection dog. My boys are too food and attention oriented--feed me, pet me I'm yours!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree with [MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION] my bullies would lick them to death haha

OP
jortiz9758

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Yes. That's what I thought too. Bruno is much more of a lover than a fighter. After watching the videos and seeing the bullies go through it. I was surprised that they had it in them.
I guess most all strong breeds can be trained to do something of that type.
They go through the same type of training all the others breeds go through with the padding. I don't think anyone would volunteer to take a bite on a bare arm or leg.
All in all it's new and interesting to me.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I think that Chunk would defend us without this training. He already gets in a "tough guy" kinda stance and barks whenever someone comes close to our front or back door. Idk if he'd bite but I'd like to think he would protect us like that!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno barks and stands at the glass door snarling and growling. So while it looks pretty intimidating the minute you walk through the door he is like oh well. "Plan B" belly rub? LoL

That's hysterical!!! Chunk gives everyone a good sniff while we are telling him "it's ok" and holding on to him. I think he goes a lot off what he senses from us.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Good luck with that! If a robber was to break into our home, Mocha would kill him with lots of kisses and licking!! She would most likelly go with him or her!!:lmao:But , that is how Mocha is, a beggar for love and attention:heart:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I watched. I think they are very well trained. Though I'd like to see them go from hanging out with the family (like our bullies) to protection mode. The video where the dog runs the course and then bites at the end was really cool!

VuBulldogs

Jun 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
Po
Po is sneaky. She wants snacks, hugs n attention for strangers, but she is always by my side and would not go with anyone.

jmill79

Apr 1, 2011
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Chula
I watched. I think they are very well trained. Though I'd like to see them go from hanging out with the family (like our bullies) to protection mode. The video where the dog runs the course and then bites at the end was really cool!

This is exactly what most law enforcement k9's do, all it takes is the right command Almost anything can be done with the proper training. I think these dogs are amazing and hardly "stupid". To that poster do you also think that German Shepards are "the same as pits" just because they've been trained?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online