Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: English Bulldog Personal/Home Protection Training.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: English Bulldog Personal/Home Protection Training.

Thanks for the post. I had no idea either that there were bulldogs trained for protection! I think Katie would protect us.. but I'm not sure. She barks and walks around to investigate if she hears a strange noise... then she will do a little growling. (I've heard her from the bedroom.) It wakes me up and kind of freaks me out and makes me wish I had a gun or something, just in case. She has never growled at a person since I've had her, and she only barks at us every now and then for attention.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I saw other stuff from these guys. I think they are awful! I'm sorry..bulldogs don't need to be trained to attack. It has nothing to do with intelligence..bulldogs don't need to be lumped into the dangerous dogs category! As a former Rottweiler owner..wait until your homeowners insurance won't cover you ..after 30 years..JUST because some a.. Ruins a breeds reputation. There are enough dogs that fill this job. Please leave bulldogs alone. I love a fit athletic dog..but agility isn't training to attack.
    Last edited by cali~jenn; 05-01-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

You know what bothers me the most about these videos?

THEY ARE WHIPPING THEIR DOGS. for doing what they told them to do! Seriously? How is that "training?" Here, pup...do what I tell you to do, and I'm going to literally scream at you that you're being good (and sound scary, not happy) and whip you while I'm doing it!

I'm not for training dogs to fight, at all. The only dogs that should know how to do this are the K9 Units and they have a reason to know. Plus police offers don't beat their dogs. These people honestly look like jerks and I very much disagree with their training methods.

It's cool that he can do the obstacle course. But hell, my dog can do that. And she doesn't BITE someone at the end of it.

Maybe I'm just over reacting and over protective of my breed. I'm so sick of the "bully" breeds getting bad reputations. I've done so many reports on Breed Specific Legislation and researched it so much. Bulldogs are already banned in some areas around the world..even some places in Iowa (where I live). We don't need them getting a worse reputation. I already hate that Pit Bulls, Boxers, Rotties, etc. have that reputation when it's morons like this that make their dogs act that way.

I'm on a tangent now. I apologize. x.x

Real Name
    Bruno's Daddy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno
    Likes (Received)

@laurendoodler the bamboo rattle stick is used for noise, touch and to cause distractions.It does not hurt them and they are not "whipping" It trains them to focus on what they are doing and concentrate on the job at hand.
    The yelling is always used to replicate a real case scenario. You would not be whispering orders to your dog in a heated situation.
    I have two close friends who are K9 officers here in broward county Florida, and they treat all K9 dogs so much better than most families. These dogs get the best of everything, attention,love and discipline 10 hours a day... Everyday. I can see how you may not like it because it is not the norm to picture a bully like this.

I personally don't like the fact the bullies are looked at by others as lazy, good for nothing farting dogs with serious health issues.
    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1104_1.gif

Lucy-licious

Why not? It's true

@jortiz9758 I would much rather people look at Lucy and laugh cos she's "fat, lazy, farty, or even ugly" then kiss and cuddle her for being so darn cute and loving, than cross the street with their children because she might bite them.
    Last edited by Lucy-licious; 06-25-2011 at 07:24 AM.

Real Name
    Bruno's Daddy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno
    Likes (Received)

@lucy-licious I guess we are all different. I think of my dogs as my kids also. I keep them healthy, smart and busy. I wouldn't want anybody laughing or pointing fingers at my any of kids...skin or fur.
    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1104_1.gif

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

There are two sides to this and opinions are valid on both. However we have to understand this is a site for owners to get advice and share stories of a family pet. Agility to most all of us, contains hurdles, hoops and slides, not attacking a human at the end. No one here wants to bring negativity to the breed, however it is unfortunate that any type of "attack" or "fighting" (even for personal protection) will bring that negativity to the breed. I don't believe any dog is a "bad" dog to have, I truly believe it is the owner, But try to convince that to the Insurance Companies, The media or general population. It is true homeowners will not insure you with a Shepard or Pit breed, ask my son who has a Shepard and can't find a place to rent.
    Here is a prime example. My boss was jogging down his neighborhood and there was a pit bull on a leash with the owner holding the leash. As my boss ran by him (on the sidewalk) the owner allowed his pit to jump up and attack my boss, ripping his shorts and teeth marks on his leg. The owner never pulled him back, said I am sorry etc... Well when he got home, my bosses wife posted on Facebook that "Jeff got attacked while jogging by a bulldog" I knew what she meant because just how many of our dogs would do that? Well the next day she came into the office and started on me about Bulldogs. I was like "Michelle, was it really an English Bulldog? " she said YES. I then asked my boss in front of her and he said "no Michelle it was a pitbull" So you see just someone saying "bulldog" puts all Bully breeds in the same category and causes things like this to happen. So yes, I am for protecting the breeds reputation as long as society is ignorant about individual breeds and owners.

I personally don't live in a neighborhood that would have the need to make my dogs such a viscous attack dog. And no I am not saying it is impossible for me to never be vulnerable, however with 3 dogs that bark at the cat (our cat) when she comes to the door, I am sure that is deterrent enough.

This thread and others will be watched closely. I feel at this point all views have been made and we can each individually reach an opinion. So lets please finish this conversation and move on.

Always with me

heff101

Heff a guard dog??? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah he might look at the burglar fart and go right back to sleep.

Our previous dog was an American Staffordshire. Amazingly smart dog (much smarter then Heff) she was not mean in anyway but that said I would not want to have pee'd her off. Ended up giving her to some friends who live in the country because every time we went to visit them we had a heck of a time getting her back into the truck to go home then she would pout for days afterwards. Finally one day I just said you guys want her and now she lives the life of a princess she is sooooooooooo spoiled by them.
    Last edited by heff101; 06-25-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I know you love Bruno JUST the way he is. He is a beautiful dog..YOU are a responsible owner. These jerks are NOT doing what is best for ALL our dogs. Jake isn't fat..lazy..I think he's pretty smart..now..he does but not NEAR as much as my 105 lb Rottweiler did! Having had dobermans and the afore mentioned rottie..I know how awful it is to try and hide the fact you have a "dangerous breed" from my insurance inspector! I taped coverings over my front door sidelights and kept all shutters closed for a MONTH waiting for the "unannounced" inspection! Only to be busted walking my dog up my own driveway. This sweet dog wouldn't hurt anyone..yet she was stuck with a bad rap because humans thought it was "cool" to have a tough mean dog! It all starts somewhere and I think these losers are after the same thing. They are trying to make bulldogs like other "dangerous" breeds. They cannot be compared with professional trainers who train police and military dogs. They are out for
    themselves..not my dog! I feel horrible for their dog.

Sorry @Bella'sMom ..I didn't see the last page until I posted!
    Last edited by JAKEISGREAT; 06-25-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rufus Hambone (Hambonicus, Ruffie, Baby Bone, and 'Gargoyle Boy' - he sits on arm of couch
    Likes (Received)

HAHAHAHA!

Those bullies need me to test them. A few Bacon treats and a belly rub while my buddy robs them blind. I dunno about this lol.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson & Jazzy
    Likes (Received)

Yes its true!!! Im Barton4004, my bully's are lovers at heart but on command will protect us with no hesitation. It took a while because as u all know they are a stubborn breed but with Consistsancy and alot of praise they are where they are. YouTube "LA Master k9" Tyson and jazzy are mines.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson & Jazzy
    Likes (Received)

What is a dangerous breed? Dogs aren't bad dogs people make bad dogs. I'm simply training my dogs. I love my dogs just as much as you love yours. So before you call me a loser I train where the sheriffs and LAPD have there dogs trained in the past. My dogs are just as friendly and loving as yours but the difference is I can walk my dog OFF leash anywhere and whatever I'll tell him to do is done!!!! Look up shutznhund, thats the same thing I'm training!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads