Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: English Bulldog Personal/Home Protection Training.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Mai, Tai, and Tiki
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: English Bulldog Personal/Home Protection Training.

Great, this is all we need. People will think of them like they to pit bulls. This is stupid, I wish they wouldnt do that.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Po
    Likes (Received)

Po is sneaky. She wants snacks, hugs n attention for strangers, but she is always by my side and would not go with anyone.
    Po @ 1year and 53lbs

Bulldog(s) Names
    Chula
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chunksmama View Post
    I watched. I think they are very well trained. Though I'd like to see them go from hanging out with the family (like our bullies) to protection mode. The video where the dog runs the course and then bites at the end was really cool!
    This is exactly what most law enforcement k9's do, all it takes is the right command Almost anything can be done with the proper training. I think these dogs are amazing and hardly "stupid". To that poster do you also think that German Shepards are "the same as pits" just because they've been trained?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

The agility portion was amazing. I didn't know bullies can do that. I'm glad it was on soft ground though. =)

I would be very impressed if someone can train bullies to know the difference between a threat and non-threats.

Real Name
    Bruno's Daddy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PukaMiniBulldogs View Post
    Great, this is all we need. People will think of them like they to pit bulls. This is stupid, I wish they wouldnt do that.
    I'm going to have to disagree. I dont think a bully will ever reach the reputation that PitBulls have. I have owned 3 pitbulls in my life and I am a firm believer in the Breed, and the fact that the owners are to blame for messing up the reputation of a very smart, strong, and noble animal.
    German Shepards, Rotties, Dogo's , Boxers, are all trained the very same way. They are "Trained" ....disciplined, to obey a command, not taught to only fight like most street pits.
    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1104_1.gif

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jortiz9758 View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree. I dont think a bully will ever reach the reputation that PitBulls have. I have owned 3 pitbulls in my life and I am a firm believer in the Breed, and the fact that the owners are to blame for messing up the reputation of a very smart, strong, and noble animal.
    German Shepards, Rotties, Dogo's , Boxers, are all trained the very same way. They are "Trained" ....disciplined, to obey a command, not taught to only fight like most street pits.
    I agree with you 100%. Joe's always had pitbulls and I've grown up with a few in my neighborhood. They are so wonderful and smart. Joe's dad has one now (Tank) that is so unbelievably smart and such a great dog.
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Well Maggie would probably greet any invader with open arms, probably try and hump their leg and then demand to leave with them!! If she did get any where near a fighting stance, the enemy would need to be open to a few time-outs whilst she caught her breath!!!

As for the pitbull statement, I agree that pitbulls are not a "bad" breed and that the fault is generally with the bad owners who have created the dog that lives in their home. These are very strong and loyal animals who will do anything to please their human. I don't know if this video will take the english bulldog to the same level in people's minds as a pitbull. However, there are enough idiots out there who already think that because the name has the word "bull" in that they are automatically a kind of pitbull. Like I said .. these people are idiots. It is those type of people that would start to see the bulldog in the same way that a lot of people see the pitbull. Sad but true!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

I have to agree that there is so so so much ignorant people out there that will see this video for something that was not intended for. I have several friends that have Pitbulls and these dogs are so loyal and dedicated to their families(I think no one is putting the breed down).I myself have had people take the other sidewalk or pick their child in their arms when they see me walking with Mocha!!! Some acting as if Mocha is some fierce attack dog!! Everyone associates German Shepperds with being guard dog trained for that reason(not all of course, I have many friend that own them) But , like I said, some ignorant person watches this video and next thing you know, they are breeding them for this purpose.Sad , but true.
    LisaMarie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Mai, Tai, and Tiki
    Likes (Received)

I'm not saying that the world will turn on Bulldogs. What I'm saying is that if someone does get bitten by a bully and they find these videos on line then it will become the gosple that all English Bulldogs are like this. It's simply the beginning.

Has anyone else noticed how fast false rumer's spred on the Net? Untrue things go "viral" on the internet faster than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by jmill79 View Post
    This is exactly what most law enforcement k9's do, all it takes is the right command Almost anything can be done with the proper training. I think these dogs are amazing and hardly "stupid". To that poster do you also think that German Shepards are "the same as pits" just because they've been trained?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You're right ... i know a little bit about personal protection aka bitework..........Many breeds can be taught to do this - biting is a natural thing for dogs. My 8 year old bully will "hit" a sleeve. That means if i put on a padded arm piece - he'll try real hard to jump up and bite it. And try to hold on. I'll try and post a video of it.

I also have a tire suspended from a strong rope and he absolutely LOVES to jump up, grab it and hang on................... just like you see the pits do............... But he's very sweet otherwise, it's just a canine drive.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I think Cutty would totally protect us if need be. Now if I let someone in vs. someone coming in while we are asleep are 2 diff things. I do know just by my hubby coming home late at night Cutty does go into attack mode when someone comes in. What he would do with that mode if pushed is another story but I do feel he would attack, he is such a tough guy anyhow. I am actually not surprised by the videos, I did watch them and thought they were very interesting. I always think of them as the old days in how they were able to bring a bull down. I know they have changed a lot in breeding etc but they are still strong as a bull and they love so full heartedly that I am not shocked they are this able to protect.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

This is very neat. I loved the one with the agility course first. I can't imagine my lazy bug doing this. I can barely train him to "wait". Lol. I carry a gun so I don't have to worry about crazies on the street or break ins.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads