Odd behavior

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
Tipsy was given Flagyl for her Diahrea. She has been on it for 5 days. It went away and now it's back. She is also acting weird, she looks scared of air, anxious. She is fine and then run to me and sits next to me as to guard me from something. Kinda getting worried, anyone experienced this? I may have to make a vet run tomorrow is she is not better.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I have not had my dogs on that before so would not know, but would definitely call the vet and ask. Hope she gets over it soon.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Is the diarrhea yellowy? Is she losing weight? Is she starving all the time? Let me know, thanks.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Wow. I am sorry she is having so many troubles. Gator has been acting weird too but it is from being sore from a leg injury. He has been VERY clingy and not letting me go too far from his side before he follows me. He will sit by my feet and catch his zz's when I am cooking. Maybe she has a sore tummy and so is being extra clingy. I wonder if her food is upsetting her tummy?

Good luck and if she is still having the diarrhea, I would take her to the vet.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Could it be something she is getting into???? Mocha was on that once but she didnt have any side effects. Do you have her on a bland diet?

OP
kev122573

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
I put her on her chicken and white rice diet. I don't know if it has worked since she hasn't gone yet, I think now she is constipated...[hitting head on wall]. At least she is eating and going #1. Wish me luck.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
the running around looking as if she's running from the air and sitting down quickly would lean me towards something is definitely wrong in her butt area!!!! To put it plainly!!

Diahorrea may be making her butt sore and itchy ... so that's just something to keep in mind. However the fact that the diahorrea has come back means that whatever is affecting her has not gone away. I'm sure you've already been asked this, so forgive me but I've in the middle of moving house and am not on here as much as I used to be ... what do you feed her??

OP
kev122573

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
Just an update. She is fine. Back to normal, it turns out that the skin under her tail was irritated so some antibiotics and ointment later, she is doing better. She is on Blue Buffalo, shes liked it do far.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.