Non-poo picker uppers

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
So, we pick up poo 3 times a day. If we walk our dogs, we bring with bags to clean up. We lived in RV parks for many MANY years, so this was a must.

Well, in our neighborhood, we have several NON poo picker uppers, and one very disrespectful neighbor across the street.

One year, I believe it was back in '06, we did not have rain here in Tucson for almost 9 months. We were not here, we were traveling. Upon our return, we drove into our neighborhood to find hundreds of poo piles circling the entire neighborhood.

Now, let me point out that each home has 1 acre, and there is 60 homes in our "u" shaped neighborhood. Imagine my embarrasment to think of our neighborhood as being the "poo" neighborhood?!

Lisa was very angry about this. In front of our acre there was at least 20 piles (since we were gone traveling for many months). We soon discovered that there were about 5 non-poo picker uppers, and confronted them about it. There response was "well noone else cleans it up". The worst part is that these were not young adults, these were poeple in their 40-60's. Also, the neighbor across the street just lets their dog "rosie" run around the neighborhood. Many people believe she is a stray, but she isnt. So she gets fed by other people in the neighborhood. They don't even have to feed her! So, she is one of the dogs who poos in our front yard.

After the confrontations, we have noticed that the poo is less in our frontyard, so I pretty much think it is rosie at this point. So finally after some good rains, the poo has been washed away (we live in the desert, and when the monsoons come all the water flows in very large washes). But we still see poo, to this day. Why are people so disrespectful? Did they not notice during those 9 months that there were hundreds of poo piles? Were they BLIND? Or did that just make them feel better that they were not cleaning it up? Also, note that their front yards were poo free. Hmrph.

sowdie

May 27, 2010
MA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I think it's a combination of disrespect and laziness. It takes 5 seconds and a plastic bag or two. Sometimes people just suck.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I would agree with sowdie, combination of laziness and disrespect. We have a "rosie" in our community as well, we have one homeowner that literally just lets their dog out the front door and run around the community alone. Then just lets him back in when he comes back to the door. I just don't understand that at all.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
It's rude and inconsiderate.

I confront "rosies" when I see them, but we still have some piles about.

One guy was walking his dog in front of our yard while we were outside, and his dog did his business and they started to walk off. I couldn't believe it... right there in front of us. I started going off on him, explaining the kids play here, and it's rude and also a $100 fine, which left him with confused look on his face because he didn't know what to do as he had no bags with him. He was relieved that I left him an out by offering him a poo bag, which he used. I never seen him again... I hope he is still walking his dog.

Our neighbor kid has a huge boxer... a nice well behaved dog that follows this kid around outside like a true best friend. The kid even carries a bag with him, but I figured out that he wasn't using it. I was tactful with him though... I pointed to some poo on the grass and explained to him that if I find out who is leaving this I would be sure to report them so they could pay the fine, and asked him to help me keep an eye out for the culprit. This worked and the kid is now picking up after his dog, well at least around my yard.

Last edited:

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
That is absolutely terrible.. in my town, it's unlawful to not pick up after your dog.. you get fined! If we do get a pile, I think it's the people who walk their dogs late at night. But, rarely do we get it, maybe - maybe a couple times a year. I rank these people right up there with those that throw litter out their car windows.. makes me SO angry!! :mad:

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Its sad to say but people are just getting lazier && lazier! If you don't pick up after your doggy in my apartment complex you get fined $75. Plus out apartments even make it easy for dog owners with providing little doggy poo bag stations at every building. Sadly, people still seem not to care or something because they don't pick up after they're little ones! Tsssk. :eek:

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
here's a good poop story! if I saw someone else doing this I would think they were CRAZY! Horse has always pooped in the woods, but lately he's started going on the grass, so I've been walking behind him with the poop shovel, picking it up and throwing it in the woods. Well, this morning when we were outside, I was thinking "why don't I just catch the poop on the shovel before it hits the grass so that the grass doesn't get all poopy". so, there I am "catching" Horse's poop with the shovel, and I hear someone laughing hysterically! My neighbor saw saw the whole thing, and couldn't stop laughing! I'm just going to add it to the list of "crazy bulldog" things I do, along with bum wipes when we come inside from pooping, morning face/eye booger wipes, getting bully kisses right after they drink water...and so many others that only a bully mama/papa would understand!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.