JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'm taking Wilson to the vet this Friday for his left front foot. He's been limping off and on for a few weeks now but sometimes it was barely noticeable, until this past weekend. I almost thought it was his hip but last night he was clearly limping on the front left and then this morning he held his paw up when he was sitting in the kitchen. :(. My neighbor told me last month that his friend has a bully and that bully's are prone to fractures due to them being so loose jointed. Has any one else ever heard that? I'll report back on Friday too.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] how old is Wilson? Honestly, I am not sure what the issue could be, but having been through this (and still going through it with Gator), I can offer my sympathy. I hope they can see what the problem is in x-ray. Gator's all came up normal (all 12 of them) and we still don't know the problem. Please keep me posted and pm me if you have questions on anything the vet might say.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
So sorry [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]..poor Wilson! I wonder if these guys just sometimes grow too fast and that stresses all their joints. Will sure be waiting..hopefully for good news!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] how old is Wilson? Honestly, I am not sure what the issue could be, but having been through this (and still going through it with Gator), I can offer my sympathy. I hope they can see what the problem is in x-ray. Gator's all came up normal (all 12 of them) and we still don't know the problem. Please keep me posted and pm me if you have questions on anything the vet might say.
Wilson is now 8 months. 12 x-rays yowza! He can still walk and heck even run when he wants to, but he does seem have slowed that down a bit when playing with Jack and has been favoring it with a clear limp. I'm going to assist him down the stairs now just to be safe. It doesn't seem to bother him too much so I'm not sure what it is. I did give him a baby aspirin this morning and he seems better now so maybe it's just inflamed?

So sorry [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]..poor Wilson! I wonder if these guys just sometimes grow too fast and that stresses all their joints. Will sure be waiting..hopefully for good news!
Yeah no kiddin'. And I know about dogs growing too fast after our episode last month with Jack, sure would hate to go through that again :nonono: but I'm 100% sure that's not it. When I posted this thread I did it with reason, he's really really floppy in the front (could be normal for him who knows) . It's never ending that's for sure. :D

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]..exact same age as Jake..he'll be 8 months on the 29th.I was watching Jake today when he was bully rushing around the yard..and I didn't notice the floppiness! I do see where he drags his right rear foot just a tad in a normal walk. I sure hope it's just inflamed...will be watching for an update!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
No floppy paws here. But I did notice that Mr. Wilson walks a little sideways. You know like he needs a wheel alignment. Like if you were to watch him from above he is like a slash /. LOL

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gator does all of those things....floppy front feet (the left is the worst) and he walks/runs at an angle. The ortho thinks his limp is more of a "weakness" I tried to tell him that those things are very common in bulldogs. I have decided not to get the MRI as he is walking/running normally now and even was able to play fetch with his ball in the yard last night.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good news, it's just a soft tissue injury and Wilson can carry on as normal. He got a shot and has some meds to take for a week. It could have happened from a number of things, stairs, just playing, etc. Other than that, he's in great shape. :D :up: Oh and I got to see a wonderful 10 year old bully, he was just a sweatheart :heart:.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]..that is great news! And I..along with .Wilson..get soft tissue injuries from too many stairs..and exercise too! :laugh:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well @JeannieCO ..that is great news! And I..along with .Wilson..get soft tissue injuries from too many stairs..and exercise too! :laugh:
I've been suffering a soft tissue injury for several years then. :eek:

I like your signature. Now this is totally :offtopic: but in tune with your sig line. I raised $420 at my work today and I may hit $500 next week for a good friend of mine's daughter's son who's 8 mo. They live in Corona, CA and were our friends and neighbors. Her son has Congenital Melanocytic Nevus and is about to undergo his first of several surgeries on Chicago in August 15th. Check out aidensamazinglife.blogspot.com/2011/06/life-can-bring-unexpected.html, it'll touch your heart at what a remarkable young women my friend's daughter is.

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I've been suffering a soft tissue injury for several years then. :eek:

I like your signature. Now this is totally :offtopic: but in tune with your sig line. I raised $420 at my work today and I may hit $500 next week for a good friend of mine's daughter's son who's 8 mo. They live in Corona and were our friends and neighbors. Her son has Congenital Melanocytic Nevus and is about to undergo his first of several surgeries in Chicago in August 15th. Check out aidensamazinglife.blogspot.com/2011/06/life-can-bring-unexpected.html, it'll touch your heart at what a remarkable young women my friend's daughter is.

I most certainly will check it out! His name is Aiden? My granddaughter is Ayden...pm me info on donating..unless it's on this site!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.