JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Being that Wilson is my first english bulldog, I was curious if it is a characteristic to have front floppy feet at the ankles when he walks. He seems like he drags his front feet at times, sorta like dum de dum, dum de dum, dum de dum when he walks. I'm thinking that maybe it's just cause he's so top heavy at there's more weight at the front end? Other than me just wondering, he seems just fine. Any thoughts? :)

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks Alice! That's kinda what I thought that is may just be a part of the type of dog they are. :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We know HRH drags her feet because when we polish her nails she always manages to wear the polish off of the center front nails within about a day or two. The outer nails keep the polish on a lot longer.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We know HRH drags her feet because when we polish her nails she always manages to wear the polish off of the center front nails within about a day or two. The outer nails keep the polish on a lot longer.
:laugh:I wear my toe polish off too, but usually it's on the white vinyl of our boat. :blush2:

Seems to be a bully thing then so far.

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I know when we took Tubs to the beach I noticed his paw prints in the sand had a nail drag mark. I just thought it was because he had one nail longer than that others. This may still have been the case because he was only doing it with one foot......HMMMM

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Lucy Lu and Snowflake will drag theirs too

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I drag sometimes too! But ....not saying where..and [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]..now I'm going to listen to the music I make! Dum de dum...dum de dum... Love it! :D

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
It's funny that I was just thinking the other day that Moe's feet are floppy... thought it was just because he has huge feet... guess it's a Bully thing :)

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I actually watch Tubs' feet when he was coming in from outside and his front feet were going flip flop flip flop......i guess it is a bully thing!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/members/speechmom53.html[MENTION=1863]speechmom53[/MENTION] that's it, flip flop flip flop. :D He sounds like he's wearing a pair of flip flops. So glad to see that it's a characteristic like I thought it was. :whew: I recently heard that it's also common for bully to fracture their ankles due to the flimsiness? Anyone ever hear that?

Becky, how'd that song work out for you? :tease::tease:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gator does that too and the middle toes on his front feet never need to be clipped. He has never made them bleed. I think it is just the way we are. The Ortho we saw the other day commented that it could be a neuro problem? But he didn't think it was that big of a deal.

Einstein the Great

Jun 14, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Einstein
It must be a bully thing. Einstein drags his front feet too. He does it so bad that one day while we were out for our walk his one nail started bleeding because it wore down that far! I asked the vet what to do and he said either stop walking him on the cement or get him some shoes. Since I know Einstein would never let me put shoes on him, we now alternate our walking location to the field behind our house and the sidewalk in our housing addition.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hey we can start a new song called the bulldog shuffle. dum de dum, dum de dum, flipped y flop, flipped y flop, dum de dum, I love it. haha:hahaha:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.