Should I be worried?

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
I guess Bella has always walked like this but I have become really aware of it this past month. She never acts as if she is in pain and she is very active. She goes up and down stairs no problem and jumps higher than I ever thought a bulldog could leap. But I am just worried that this might be a sign of some problems down the road. Notice how her back legs almost look bowed and walk very close together. She spreads them out when standing but when she walks they go close together. Am I just being paranoid or is this possibly just normal for some bulldogs? Sorry in advance for the up close and personal views of her hind areas.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think she has a cute behind, Buddy Boy does too he gave a 2 woof. :D Anyway my BeBe walks like that, and she does not have any problems that I know of.

OP
Bella Cows Mama

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] (sigh of relief!) I still intend on getting it looked at but you have given me a calmness until then. I always get so worried about her and love her as if I gave birth to her:tongue:. I just can't stand the thought of anything that will lead to surgery or life long issues for her. I am glad to know there is another bully out there that does this walk as well and has no problems. Hopefully this will remain true for Bella too. Oh and I've always thought she has a cute behind too. I'm obsessed with her little cowlick swirls on either side. I just think it's the cutest thing. i know I'm wierd, but I think bully's do that to their owners.

Katie9449

May 2, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel Tank
These bullies do make us crazy! I am constantly checking up on Diesel on EVERYTHING (I have been freakishly lucky thus far)...it is at the point he sighs when I start looking him over! :) This bulldog thing has made me question ever having children... I can't even imagine what that is like...and I am a special education teacher (Autism)...I am used to differences and quirks! :) I am sure your baby is good...just another one of those odd bulldog things!

OP
Bella Cows Mama

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
[MENTION=2322]Katie9449[/MENTION] I do have kids...2 of them and I don't get half as nervous and paranoid as I do with my Bella. I think because dogs are just so diffferent from us that anything can be anything and with children, you usually have some sense of what it could be from your own experiences or others. Plus, Bulldogs are a "flawed" breed and I have gotten sooooo lucky with Bella thus far....I guess I'm just waiting for her major "flaw" to pop up and surprise me. Knock on wood that she just lives a long, healthy, happy, lucky life :D.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
:)You are so right about that [MENTION=2322]Katie9449[/MENTION]! We are constantly checking Mocha! Scott wants me to go to Florida for 2 weeks and my answer to that is" i cant leave Mocha!!!"

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@Katie9449 I do have kids...2 of them and I don't get half as nervous and paranoid as I do with my Bella. I think because dogs are just so diffferent from us that anything can be anything and with children,
Isn't that the truth, i was thinking the same thing, all my kids are grown and gown but I don't ever remember worrying about them as much. That sounds bad I'm sure, but like you said with kids you kind of had a clue.
[MENTION=1815]Bella Cows Mama[/MENTION] I'm glad you are having it checked out just to be sure but I'm sure everything will be OK. the ole bulldog shuffle haha

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
Lupe has always had bow back legs. Very cute. No concerns from the Vet. We just keep an eye on her weight. And I am TOTALLY obsessed/in love with her; so don't worry. I think it's part of the bully package!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 116
OP
Bella Cows Mama

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
[MENTION=1748]FridayGt[/MENTION] :lmao:So AdoraBull! This could make for a good pic theme.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Picture 038.jpgDSC01262.JPG
OK I could not help my self.hehe See what you started.

Erika

Apr 6, 2011
Austin, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess, Boss Lady P, P Dawg
My last bulldog (Ziggy) had the same thing with his back legs. His feet would face inward like yours. He lived to be 10! He was just fine. I did have him on some arthritis medicine as he got older.

OP
Bella Cows Mama

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
@Davidh haha very cute:lmao:
[MENTION=2173]Erika[/MENTION] Wow, 10 years. Thats awesome, but I hope Bella lives well beyond that! She's gonna break a world record for Bulldog lifespans! :pray: I can atleast hope.

Erika

Apr 6, 2011
Austin, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess, Boss Lady P, P Dawg
I hear ya! I tell myself that all the time about Princess. I hope she lives past 10 yrs also! Your Bella is a cutie!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
What cute pics of booties! I think that their booties are the cutest of any other dog breed. SO CUTE! Neither of mine walk like that but it doesn't look like an issue. The ortho actually said Gator walked like an Akita because his back legs are a bit post legged. lol.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online