Weight at maturity

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
I don't think that will work for Gator. At 4 months he was around 28lbs (if I remember right) and at the vet today he weighed in at 51lbs and he is 8.5 months old.

That's interesting. I was thinking about this thread when I got home yesterday as I commenced about beating my dog with a stuffed animal... lol. Biggie too seems to have little growth spurts, because as much as he grew like a garden weed on steroids, he has really seemed to slow down here lately. It used to be that I thought he trippled in size every morning when I let him out, but now he seems to have hit the pause button on growing. It seems that everyone's pup would more than likely hit their growth spurts at different stages, but ultimately wind up at their ideal weight to size ratio around about 1.5 to 2 years like everyone else.

I thought I posted on here yesterday, but I guess I didn't.

Tubs is 8 Months old today and 3 weeks ago he was 56.2lbs, so I am thinking he is pushing 60 now. I'm not so sure about that weight chart thing..........

Hey [MENTION=1863]speechmom53[/MENTION], I can't recall, but how much did Tubs weigh @ 4 months again?

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Hey [MENTION=1863]speechmom53[/MENTION], I can't recall, but how much did Tubs weigh @ 4 months again?[/QUOTE]

Here is Tubs' growth chart:
@ 10 weeks he was 18.6 lbs
@ 3 months 1 week he was 25.8 lbs
4 days later he was 28.2 lbs
@ 4 months he was 34.6 lbs
a week later he was 37.4 lbs
@ 5 months 1 week he was 46 lbs
@ 6 months he was 49.2 lbs
a week later he was 48.8 lbs (the day he got neutered, so he didn't eat)
@ 6 months 2 weeks he was 51.2 lbs
@ 7 months one week he was 54.6 lbs and a week later her was 56.2 lbs that was the last time he was weighed so I think he is close to 60 lbs now. I asked the vet and she said he is perfect!!!!!

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Hey [MENTION=1863]speechmom53[/MENTION], I can't recall, but how much did Tubs weigh @ 4 months again?

Here is Tubs' growth chart:
@ 10 weeks he was 18.6 lbs
@ 3 months 1 week he was 25.8 lbs
4 days later he was 28.2 lbs
@ 4 months he was 34.6 lbs
a week later he was 37.4 lbs
@ 5 months 1 week he was 46 lbs
@ 6 months he was 49.2 lbs
a week later he was 48.8 lbs (the day he got neutered, so he didn't eat)
@ 6 months 2 weeks he was 51.2 lbs
@ 7 months one week he was 54.6 lbs and a week later her was 56.2 lbs that was the last time he was weighed so I think he is close to 60 lbs now. I asked the vet and she said he is perfect!!!!![/QUOTE]

You rock, I wish I had kept a growth chart of sorts on Biggie. I'm glad to hear the vet thinks Tubs' perfect! Ours said the same of Biggie, and was exactly what I needed to hear!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
[MENTION=1748]FridayGt[/MENTION]...I really didn't keep this chart...lol....the vet includes his weight every time we go. From what I can tell from that chart......we go to the vet a lot!!!!!

[MENTION=2490]VuBulldogs[/MENTION]....I don't have any secret.....He was on Prism from the breeder when he first came home. We don't have it around here and our breeder is 2 hours away, so we switched him to Nutro. I he was getting really bad tear stains from this food, so we switched him to AvoDerm. He got really bad gas from this one, so we now have him on Blue. No gas and no tear stains....He gets a 1 1/2 cups in the morning and 1 1/2 cups in the evening, but he doesn't always finish it. He also gets a healthy snack of fruits (watermelon, strawberries) whenever when have them out for us. Nothing special here......:)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I think all our bullies seem to grow differently, and they are such a different shape and build from other dogs that I don't know if this "rule" applies to them or not.

Maggie is very small at 34lbs. We've deliberately got her down to a very trim weight and the vet is pleased with her. You still can't really see her ribs, but she has a beautifully defined waist. We had decided to keep her weight down because of the HUGE amount of health problems a bulldog can get just BECAUSE he is overweight. However, in our last visit to the vet with Maggie - we went with what appeared to be an injured back leg - we found that the knee on that leg is showing signs of cartilidge wear and arthritus. She also has a very slight hip dysplasia that is not enough to cause too much worry for the moment ...... as long as we keep her weight down!!! In fact, the same will apply to her knee ... so she will remain as close to 34lbs as we can.

Daddy however, is at 10 months, close to 60-65lbs, and so far all he seems to have done is grown long bodied and long legged. He was a rescue so we still reserve judgement that there could be something else mixed in with the bulldog. However, I have heard it said many times that a bulldog grows up in his first year, and then out in his second. If Daddy grows outwards from now on he is going to be one very big and powerful bully!!

Most Reactions