Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Please watch your bully in the heat

We don't really have to worry about heat YET.....right now it's 60 to 70 (70 if we are lucky). But I always watch them regardless...since they aren't use to anything above 60 to 70. We have the kiddy pool set up (which is currently filled with rain water), cool collars for outdoor play...and I have a water bottle that comes with me for each car ride. Air conditioned house (which is not being used....but the heat is.

The guy who designed the kool collar lives in Oregon. In 70 degree weather..two dogs died from heat exhaustion. So..it doesn't matter where you live. North, South, East West........if you own a dog, you need to be aware.
    Last edited by Libra926; 06-16-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Real Name
    Bruno's Daddy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaMarie View Post
    How can you own a bully or a pug and not know about the effects of hot weather in the breed??
    My thoughts exactly which is why I wanted to strangle her...She was soooo sure of herself and was looking at me like yea right ..YOU have a bulldog too?
    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1104_1.gif

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

THAT is heartbreaking! I have told so many people about how this breed and other short nose pups can die so easily and I swear they look at me like I am just a paranoid mom. VERY sad that it takes something so horrible for people to learn.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rufus Hambone (Hambonicus, Ruffie, Baby Bone, and 'Gargoyle Boy' - he sits on arm of couch
    Likes (Received)

That is heartbreaking! I am so sad for that poor little guy.

I'm only in NY, and today I was worried about Hambone. he was outside for a couple hours in my sis' yard @ 85 degrees. He was seemingly very hot and uncomfortable. I felt a little weird for being so concerned, but after reading this I am glad I took him home to rest in AC. I hope the owner doesn't make such an awful decision ever again. The poor little guy couldn't say "help me"

Quote Originally Posted by Spinal Remains View Post
    worried about Hambone.
    Now, that's a cute name!! LOL

I get up at the crack of dawn to walk my two - i'm out there for the first hour of daylight ,literally. It's not even totally light out yet. I am in sweats and a long-sleeve shirt so i figure it's cool enough out for them. But after that, it's no exercising in the heat. My bull will vomit if overheated it seems. Once (long story) he got accidentally taxed in the heat and i had to leave him to go get the car and drive over to get him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads