Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
more bad news today. Most of you already know this but maybe a good reminder for a new bully owner. today a good friend of ours who also raises EBs called and said one of her 1 year old pups she sold a year ago died today of heat exhaustion. She is just besides herself. The owner did not heed her warning about bullies and this Texas heat. He took the little guy for a walk a little to long today and when they got home the bully laid down on the floor and a few minutes later dies from heat exhaustion. So please please please watch your bullies in the heat. Things like this are so preventable.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Oh no!!!! That sucks!!! I hate irresponsible peeps. That is so sad. :*(

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Omg they shouldn't have been outside period in this 106 degree weather walkin!!! Ugh that makes me furious... lex only goes out to potty and it's straight back inside durin the day. I get up and jeff gets home around 5am so we let him play outside then or before nite nite time around 11pm..

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
So sad to hear.... I bumped into a lady a few days back who was walking an EB and a pug at 2 in the afternoon here in Miami ( 96*degrees). I told her it was too hot for the dogs and to look at them panting. She started explaining to me some jibber jabber about how it was because of the shape of their face...Poor dogs were looking at me like help! I asked if I could at least give them a little water and pour a little on them and their feet. She looked at me like I was crazy!! =( I wanted to strangle her....Thank God my fiance' was with me and pulled me away.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
So sad to hear.... I bumped into a lady a few days back who was walking an EB and a pug at 2 in the afternoon here in Miami ( 96*degrees). I told her it was too hot for the dogs and to look at them panting. She started explaining to me some jibber jabber about how it was because of the shape of their face...Poor dogs were looking at me like help! I asked if I could at least give them a little water and pour a little on them and their feet. She looked at me like I was crazy!! =( I wanted to strangle her....Thank God my fiance' was with me and pulled me away.

Good for you for trying! We need to keep our eyes and our mouths open!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
omg, I just did the fahrenheit to celcius conversion and am appalled at the results. I'm frightened of a mere 80 degrees for Stig!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
That is just tragic. :(

How hot was it??

Delilah goes outside when it's hot but not for very long. And I wouldn't take her on a long walk when it's really hot or anything. But now I'm paranoid..

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
That's why I walk my dogs in the evening and I let them set the pace. When the evenings are still warm I always take a bottle of water. Not taking any chances.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That's just awful ... and how irresponsible of the owners, especially after being obviously warned about this by the breeder!!!

Maggie and Daddy do not go out in the heat. The other dogs do because they are "sensible" and come straight back in themselves. But what is it with bullies and the sun-bathing addiction!!!! I have to drag their sorry butts back in the house every time they go out to potty!! Maggie is the worst she will slink off to the far end of the deck and throw herself on her back like a little fat pot-bellied pig!!!! Then of course I get the stink-eye when I shout at her to get her little hairy-self back inside!!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I took the boys to my sister's for the afternoon after getting weighed on Monday and we were sitting on her deck. The temp was probably in the mid to high 70's and of course all the dogs (including her own lab) had to be on the deck with us, so we just kept filling up their bucket to drink from, pouring water on the deck to cool it off and pouring water on them. They just wouldn't go down into the yard under the shade trees where it had to be so so much cooler. They had to be up on the deck in the sun with us. I always watch my boys. We have a huge, sunny backyard and deck and in what I call the back 40, we have a grove of trees and the boys like to wander around back there behind the barn and in the trees, but the trek out there and back is sometimes long when the weather is too warm.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Tragic, this is the time of year where we too are hitting 100* with heat index. Vegas only goes out on a leash to pee/poo and right back in. This is also the time of year I enlist my son and his dog for indoor air-conditioned play dates usually twice a week. Poor Vegas is so bored.

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
That breaks my heart into a million pieces. SO SAD!!! How terrible of that owner! I live in Louisiana and we have been in the 100's I have not taken Brodie for a walk since March because it has been to darn hot! He goes out to potty then comes right back inside. We run around and play inside to burn off energy. He will not be able to go out for walks until around late September or October because of the heat here. We took him to Pet Smart the last weekend and I told him that was his last trip to Pet Smart for a long time also because it took almost the entire car ride to the store before it started cooling off in the vehicle. When we got to Pet Smart he was panting so hard I was scared. I took one of the little bowls they have there and put water in it for him but he was scared of the bowl and would not drink any water. So needless to say we won't venture out anymore until after it starts cooling down. We are going to Tennesse on July 1st until July 8th and he is coming with us but we are going to have the vehicle running until it is cool in there before we leave so he doesn't get hot.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.