Bulldog-proof sofa?

babyishcare

Jul 18, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
tommy
I have pillows now and will not make that mistake again. What a pain. Bulldogs or teenagers really can't learn the concept of leaving the pillows on the couch.
Mixed on the microfiber - I was hoping for an easy answer there. I do have a big black leather chair and it is very easy to clean and I keep a blanket on it but the blanket is a pain and hides the great chair.
Off-white leather? Sounds interesting. Besides scratches, do you think nails could puncture it?
https://babyishcare.com/best-toddler-sofa-review/

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I have had leather for the past 15 years or so. I will not have anything else and found it stands up to everything well (except when cats use it as a scratching post!) No punctures from dogs nails and I love that I don't have a problem with hairs.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Leather here too. Luckily my cousin owned an Ethan Allen store and we got a rocking deal on 2 chairs and a couch...but he's since retired and sold the store so when replacement time comes...UGH!
Don't go cheap cheap. You'll end up with thin fragile leather that will easily tear/crack and be prone to lose it's finish.

Pugaboo

Apr 6, 2017
Georgia
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Josephine
Leather, 100% leather. My husband actually bought Josephine a couch. A LEATHER 8 foot long couch.... for Josie, we call it Josie's couch. She's too short to get on any of the furniture without help so unless we want her up she stays on the floor with her half a dozen plush doggy beds. Leather is easy to clean and you can condition it to keep it supple, it tends to just get character as it ages. I've only had leather furniture for 15 years, learned with Pugs that she'd like crazy that fabric of any kind just doesn't work.

I will admit it is nice to lay down on the sofa with a Pug at my feet and one behind my knees. Josie prefers to snooze along Daddy's thigh in Daddy's chair. The trainer has worked wonders on making this happen. Josie is learning to hop up on her back legs and place her front paws on his inner thighs so he can grip her harness and ribs to pull her up. Then with the bullibone she settles down next to him. To get down he faces her head down front paws dangling between his thighs (looks weird but works) and holds her harness as he lowers her to the ground. We don't let her jump up or down from the chair to protect her joints.

I still can't believe he bought her her own sofa... maybe when she's older she will appreciate it and sleep on it.

Terry

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Leather... all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.