the veal calf, i mean dog

luvdogz

Apr 28, 2011
Are some bulldogs really flabby?? I got my second bulldog as an adult from some low-quality breeders. She is three and was used to breed. I paid to fix the inverted tail which was causing a systemic infection as evidenced by a high white blood cell count.

She is such a flabby dog! She appears to have little muscle and wouldn't ever get up and run off just for fun. I started taking her on long walks to build some stamina and muscle. I had a complete blood panel done and she's healthy.:nope:

My other bully is 5 years older and is so active and energertic - except in the mornings - lol.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Well, I am not sure to be honest. But I would think that if she came from someplace less than savory then she just may not have had much exercise. Plus, I am guessing that if she was used for breeding several times her tummy might be a little flabby?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yeah I agree it may take some time to get her more fit. And most bulldogs are pretty lazy in general. :).

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes I agree also, she was probably a crate dog and never got any exercise or got to play, so unfortunate, some people are just cruel. Anyway watch her diet and just keep giving her exercise and lots of love and she should get some muscle tone in no time. Pictures please.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.