Crate Question

Jun 10, 2011
Manteca
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah Rae
I'm looking to buy a crate for Delilah. She is 8 wks old and is in a borrowed crate for the time being. I don't want to keep buying crates as she grows, so what I want to know is what size should I buy for a full-grown bulldog? Would a 30x19x21 crate be big enough? Thanks!

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
You can go as big as you like. Just make sure you partition it small enough for him to train in. Too large a space and he will pee in one end and sleep in the other. You need to make it small enough so he just has room to lay and turn comfortably.

bjsfarm

Jan 12, 2011
Narvon PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Butter Cup, Ellie, Double D & CJ. Jr., Max, Doc & Willie
I would say 36in would be the best.... plenty of room to lay down from head to tail and room to stretch his legs when he is full grown, yes and make sure you have a panel to move as he grows :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Take it from one who has bought 5 crates (two for our camper as we have two puppies right now, Wilson & Jack) in the last 3 months, whatever size you get I highly recommend it's not the plastic one with the closed sides - Wilson gets hot in his at nighttime and wakes up panting. He doesn't do that in the open aired crates. Plus the closed in plastic ones are just that, closed in. Get the kind that has the open metal crates. I personally recommend 36" L X 23" W X 25" H or 42" L X 28" W X 30" H. Petco and/or Petsmart (and other places) have two door ones that have partitions. Here's a link. I think it's ok to post it like this?

petco.com/product/13372/PETCO-Premium-2-Door-Dog-Crates.aspx?CoreCat=firstinresult_carrierscratesandkennels

Last edited by a moderator:

eddiefebuary

Apr 30, 2011
I have a Midwest 36ZN for my full grown EB. It is a wire crate and has a partition to make it as small as you want while he is a puppy. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is assembled by conecting the corners by pushing a metal rod through the loops of the sides. Because of that, you have to assemle it in place and can't really move it from place to place. You could probably google Midwest life stages for a better idea.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
We have a large size crate that's from the ASPCA that we got at walmart for like 80. Our 100lb lab has actually taken it over and he fits perfect in it. Lex hates it and when be walks by it he won't even look at it lol. But it folds down easy for traveling and it fits perfectly in my mazada 3 trunk.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
We have both a 36" and a 42" and we love both. I think the 36 is plenty big enough.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.