Thread: Crate Question

Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah Rae
    Likes (Received)

Default Crate Question

I'm looking to buy a crate for Delilah. She is 8 wks old and is in a borrowed crate for the time being. I don't want to keep buying crates as she grows, so what I want to know is what size should I buy for a full-grown bulldog? Would a 30x19x21 crate be big enough? Thanks!

Real Name
    Bruno's Daddy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno
    Likes (Received)

You can go as big as you like. Just make sure you partition it small enough for him to train in. Too large a space and he will pee in one end and sleep in the other. You need to make it small enough so he just has room to lay and turn comfortably.
    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1104_1.gif

Bulldog(s) Names
    Butter Cup, Ellie, Double D & CJ. Jr., Max, Doc & Willie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Crate Question

I would say 36in would be the best.... plenty of room to lay down from head to tail and room to stretch his legs when he is full grown, yes and make sure you have a panel to move as he grows
    Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about Bulldog puppies!!
    BJ's Farm

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Take it from one who has bought 5 crates (two for our camper as we have two puppies right now, Wilson & Jack) in the last 3 months, whatever size you get I highly recommend it's not the plastic one with the closed sides - Wilson gets hot in his at nighttime and wakes up panting. He doesn't do that in the open aired crates. Plus the closed in plastic ones are just that, closed in. Get the kind that has the open metal crates. I personally recommend 36" L X 23" W X 25" H or 42" L X 28" W X 30" H. Petco and/or Petsmart (and other places) have two door ones that have partitions. Here's a link. I think it's ok to post it like this?

petco.com/product/13372/PETCO-Premium-2-Door-Dog-Crates.aspx?CoreCat=firstinresult_carrierscratesan dkennels
    Last edited by cali~jenn; 06-10-2011 at 10:19 AM.

I have a Midwest 36ZN for my full grown EB. It is a wire crate and has a partition to make it as small as you want while he is a puppy. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is assembled by conecting the corners by pushing a metal rod through the loops of the sides. Because of that, you have to assemle it in place and can't really move it from place to place. You could probably google Midwest life stages for a better idea.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We have a large size crate that's from the ASPCA that we got at walmart for like 80. Our 100lb lab has actually taken it over and he fits perfect in it. Lex hates it and when be walks by it he won't even look at it lol. But it folds down easy for traveling and it fits perfectly in my mazada 3 trunk.
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We have both a 36" and a 42" and we love both. I think the 36 is plenty big enough.

Remove Ads