Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I always crate Miss Matilda when we go places. I am never gone longer than 3 hours at a time. Well, yesterday we went to the store to get my daughter a new bike. Well, sometime while we were gone my A/C went out!!! My poor baby girl was locked in her crate and my house was a sweltering 90 degrees. She had no way of getting to any kind of fan. She was panting so hard I almost started crying. She didn't even get to try on her new dress I got her. Come to find out, my compressor blew. It will be fixed tomorrow. All I have to say is that I love Best Westerns. That is where me and the family have been since last night. I will post pics of Matilda in her new dress tomorrow after my A/C is fixed.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
so glad that you came home when you did :whew: i worry about the ac going out all the time, that or the breaker blowing when we are gone for the day or something. but we do have friends that come by and check on the boys when we are gone for the day. but just remember its not like it was not our fault its the dam 100 degree weather that blew the unit :eek:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That is so awful .... it is one of our biggest fears!! In this house we usually close all the blinds - front and back - when we know we are all going to be out for a while. Even so, if the ac were to go the moment we left the house then in the 90-95 degree weather we've had this week it would soon rise in the house.

I'm glad everybody is ok!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes..I fear this also! Our house gets so hot so fast! It's all glass on east side and I don't have any coverings on living room wall! :bang: I am thinking of getting one of those portable ac units in case our central craps out! At least we could have 1 cool room we could ALL bunk down in! I have my ac guy on speed dial and he knows how serious I am about keeping cool...and that's BEFORE Jake! Hope you get home soon..poor Matilda...:cry:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh wow glad you got back in time!! I hate when we have power outages- we all have to get in the van to stay cool cuz it is so hot here in az. Or I have to let them outside under the misting system. It is not fun!

VuBulldogs

Jun 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
Po
Im glad Matilda is fine. Wow......90 degrees in the house? I am in souther cali and it hit 85 degrees before in the house and outside was 100 degrees. You must get 105 degree weather and up!

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Im glad Matilda is fine. Wow......90 degrees in the house? I am in souther cali and it hit 85 degrees before in the house and outside was 100 degrees. You must get 105 degree weather and up!

I live in Oklahoma and I think that day it did hit about 101.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Oh geez, that's so scary!! I'm so glad that she's okay and that everything is getting taken care of.

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everyone!!! She is sooooo rotten right now. She has her choice of 2 beds she can jump up on.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.