Frustrated

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Ok so violet bit my moms thigh pretty good today. She gos ubder my moms robe l%ckes her legs and will nip her thigh. Well today I wasnt home and violet cl&mped doen hatd. We all use the spray bottle and she listens but nothing my mom does works. My mom has a chiuaua and daizy is always on the couch by mom. Anyone have any good ideas for us to try to get her to stop

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I just used a real firm NO and would tap them on the nose. A quick snap of NO would get their attention. It is unfortunate that they do teeth for a while, it will get better.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ya..Jake used to be so bad at the nipping that my poor grandkids started saying "no Jake" before they came in the house!now he only licks them nearly to death! But they love that! She will outgrow..just say no and push her away every time!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Yup ours was bad to he had gotten to were he would would nip us all the time especially on the nose when we gave him kisses..

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
NOTHING worked with Chaos, and we tried everything since we've had him. Most of it is just the puppy in them, but finally the ONLY thing we found that truly works is a rolled up newspaper!!! Thats one thing I thought surely wouldnt. Try it

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
No help here but you have gotten good advice already. Hang in there and make sure your mom just keeps at it, like kids they will get away with as much as you let them.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
What has worked wonderfully for us with two bully puppies is to make a REALLY LOUD OBNOXIOUS NOISE, push them (gently) away and then turn away from them with arms crossed and ignore them. If they come up again, push them gently away and continue to ignore them. I would sometimes get up and walk away. It only took a day or two for them to stop. Everyone has to do it, or they will continue to nip at the ones that don't.

Don't worry, she will most likely grow out if it pretty quickly. Both of ours stopped doing it completely by about 5 months at the latest.

ljds923

Apr 11, 2010
Western MA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sharamar n Sergios little lou - aka Louie
Ok so violet bit my moms thigh pretty good today. She gos ubder my moms robe l%ckes her legs and will nip her thigh. Well today I wasnt home and violet cl&mped doen hatd. We all use the spray bottle and she listens but nothing my mom does works. My mom has a chiuaua and daizy is always on the couch by mom. Anyone have any good ideas for us to try to get her to stop

Is she latched on good and would not let go...could this be more than just a nipping problem?

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
She will grow out of it. Until Brodie was bout 3 months old we couldn't walk without him attacking our ankles or pants legs. Then I discovered coins in the can which worked wonders. Now no more nipping. Every now and then when we are rough housing he will grab my hand and I say NO bite and he lets go. If he does it again I tell him I'm getting my can and he stops. LOL. You have to be firm and remember she is a baby and she is teething, say NO, spray her, shake can, whatever works then give her something else to chew on.

OP
Angievelvet

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Thanks I know its a phase but I dont understand why she gets my mom so much I feel bad but we will keep being consistant. Thanks again

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.