Ah-Oh here we go again...

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas is not acting like Vegas for the last two days, sleeping more than normal, not eating right away, but eventually eating, drinking lots of water. I have an appt. Friday morning at 9 with our Vet, thinking another inner ear infection. No smell like before, but behavior like before.

I took him on Monday to get his nails dremmeled and had them do a ear cleaning. He does need his anal glands done anyway. I have a suspicion it is his ear again. Why after almost a year and a good food change, would he get two ear infections?? Not saying he has one, but his behavior is the same as the last time. Could our high pollen count give him ear infections?? I know it messes with both our eyes, and I have been giving him Benadryl as needed. But do you think that it could also cause ear infections??

I started him on his Otomax ear drops tonight from the last infection, I dont think it will hurt him if he does not have an ear infection, what do you think?? I don't want to medicate him if it is not needed.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
My son got ear infections constantly as a child. Both from colds and allergies, the doctors said it was because he didn't blow his nose enough. I'd imagine it could be the same with Vegas. If you try to teach him to blow his nose I want video.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hope he feels better soon.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Awwww, poor Vegas. I don't know if a high pollen count could cause an inner ear infection, but I know pollen raises heck with the eyes and nose and they are all connected. Is he shaking his head and scratching his ears? Did they get a lot of gunk out when he had his ears cleaned? If his ear med is an antibiotic I wouldn't use it for fear of him building up a resistence to it. The heat in Flordia would lower his energy level and make him thirsty. I wish you guys would share some of that heat with us. We didn't quite make it to 50 degrees today in N.E. Oregon. I hope Vegas is feeling better!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, no...not again..poor guy! I don't know if another ear infection or not. I would think that pretty bad allergies would raise the amount of mucous though. And as someone said, ears and nose are connected. Let us know what the vet says.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Oh Vegas man!!! Chunk and I are hoping you feel better ASAP!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Poor Vegas! Poorer Kelly! I know for a fact allergies can cause ear infections in kids! Can't see why it couldn't do the same for Vegas! Good thing you watch him like a hawk! You know..maybe the first time he was also showing v.e.r.y early signs like this time...but you didn't realize it then! Good luck and will be thinking good Vegas thoughts!! :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yep I agree with Jakeisgreat could very well be the same way it all happened last time and you didnt know. What a good mama you are to catch it right away! I also have left over ear drops from an ear infection cuty had a long time ago and his ear turned red inside all of a sudden and I used them and it healed up. Never went to the vet cuz he never showed any signs but his ears are never red inside so I thought it must have been. Anyhow, I am not a fan of meds BUT in this case using the drops I dont think will hurt any. Poor thing, maybe you will heal him up before the vets.

L

Lucy-licious

Oh no! Poor Vegas :hug2: I think using the drops from last time is a good idea. You have recognised the signs and are doing everything you can to get him well again. Your a great momma Kelly :up:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
If you are not, you should give him plain yogurt after giving him antibiotics. Antibiotics kill bio, bad and good, and yogurt helps build the good bio back up.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], Vegas gets yogurt about 3 times a week as his snack, the Otomax in an antibiotic ear drop. He is definately going in the morning, If I could get someone to cover my shift I would take him today. He got up and threw up bile and has not ate and we have been up since 7. Our vet closes at 5 and I get off at 5, now I will be nervous all day worrying about him while I am at work. No smell coming from his ear, no itching, nothing...he is just listless and laying around. He only threw up once about 7:15 a.m. so that was two hours ago and he is sitting here wanting a bite of my breakfast so that part is normal. I hate going to work knowing this!!!!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], I dont have to "teach" him to blow his nose, he does that quite well, all over my legs, face, couch etc!!!!! He is extra phlegmy right now. We have all these little yellow flowers growing all over the place in our grassy area's and he of course has to have his nose to the ground smelling them.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I say the solution is to move up north of the border during your summer and allergy months. We've had perfect temps this month so far and it only really rains at night. What do you think? Playdates everyday for Stig and cousin Vegas! :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.