Hate the Lanky stage

Spinal Remains

May 31, 2011
Nassau County, N.Y.
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus Hambone (Hambonicus, Ruffie, Baby Bone, and 'Gargoyle Boy' - he sits on arm of couch
Puppies are like people. They grow at different rates. Nothing becomes properly proportional until they're full grown.

You should never be judgemental toward a puppy. They're perfect little creatures regardless of the box.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[QUOTE :) I wish Wilson looked a bit lanky, he just turned 5 months, weighs approx. 36lbs, and looks and sounds like a pot belly pig. :rofl: :rofl:[/QUOTE]

That's what makes Wilson so adorably cute!

L

Lucy-licious

Aww bless I think you should cut yourself and Po a bit if slack, try not to get bogged down by standards...she is a cutey and will change shape numerous times before she is fully grown.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] Why are you scared? Please don't be! Jake will protect you! Ummmm..when he's bigger

Last edited:
L

Lucy-licious

:LMAO: [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I would love for Jake to protect me and until he's big enough I will give him lots of cuddly encouragement :luv:
I actually just like the scared Icon...a little red head peeping over the wall...just like me :lol:

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
This really makes me sad. Po is beautiful and shouldn't be called anything but beautiful. She is a puppy and she will go through many phases, but you know what they are our pets and no matter what stage they go through they are all beautiful. I have never once looked at Brodie and thought he wasn't up to standard he is my baby and to me he is the most beautiful dog in the world and he is only 6 months old, far from being filled out but he couldn't get any cutier!!

OP
VuBulldogs

VuBulldogs

Jun 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
Po
@melan Please dont be sad! She is beautiful and my pet, but I just WANT her to be the standard and I am going to be comparing her to the standard to compete her. If she doesn't come near the standard and I can't win, she will still be loved and be my pet. I see some people and breeders sell their puppies @6 months after they find out that they arent up to par with the standard. Kind of like taking back your love because you didnt make it physically or mentally and I think that is wrong. I think they grow so attached after 2 weeks, needless to say 6 months. I consider it no heart!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I think Po is just adorable and that she looks perfect. She looks really good.

She's going to change a LOT. Is she your first bulldog? Delilah changed SO much throughout puppy hood. Enjoy it, it goes by way too fast. The set of her ears changed at least three times! You aren't going to know if she's show quality until she's about a year old. And regardless..she's gorgeous!