Kennel cough

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
Think rocks has kennel cough now...could he have got this at vet...? Or maybe from my fiancées moms dog who might have had it....? Help...! He has bad luck lately

Jenna Zepeda

Spinal Remains

May 31, 2011
Nassau County, N.Y.
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus Hambone (Hambonicus, Ruffie, Baby Bone, and 'Gargoyle Boy' - he sits on arm of couch
Kennel cough can sound pretty awful. My little guy had it. he sounded like an 80 year old smoker hacking away.

Ask your vet for some Doxycycline. Usually a 2 week cycle of antibiotics will clear it up. Going to the vet is a must though. Since there are 2 dogs around, I would suggest having them both checked out so the illness doesn't keep coming back.
Best of luck

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
As for where he caught it from could be anywhere but the vets office could do it. I know most offices are pretty strict, if they know of a case coming in they try to keep them separate but still what if the person doesnt know? Last time my hubby took the boys to the vet someone came in and was asked to go back outside and fast, turned out that pup had it.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes..like @cal-jenn said..you can get from vets or anywhere an infected dog has been! Did he have a bordatello shot? My daughters dog got it even though he was vaccinated! Poor guy..it's nasty! Hope he feels better.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.