OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Thanks everyone for your input! Was so curious!

So I decided to ask his previous mommy and she said yes it was docked before she even got him (she got him at 6 mos old). She doesn't know why though. I am so surprised that so many of you have bullies with tails like this ... Every bully function we go to, I've never seen one like this! I clean all the way around it every couple of days but we have never had a problem thank goodness! It just makes me chuckle cause of Garrett's description and Julia uses it to make him sit. She pushes it like a button and he sits. So funny!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aefe51b3-7136-295c.jpg

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Perhaps since the previous owner didn't get him until 6 months she just thinks it's docked too but didn't really know the difference.

The reason it doesn't look that way to me is that tuft of longer fur at the tip. that's what HRH's tip is that sticks up in the middle...just fur.

Sweetfaceforme

May 9, 2011
Tennessee
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Mine has a straight tail about 2-3 inches long. I love it because I don't have to clean it like you would a curly one.:whew: We just make sure her bottom gets wiped when she does her buisness and then wash it when she gets a bath. :blush2:

PukaMiniBulldogs

Mar 18, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Mai, Tai, and Tiki
You never dock as Bully tail. You can't really because thats the way they come from the factory.

They are eaither qorkscrewed or flat against their rump.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
His was definitely docked ... After hearing everyone's replies it really makes me wonder why! Although his previous mommy also told me that he spent his life in a crate before she got him at 6 months and that the breeder had a really bad attitude about him because he wasn't "show quality". So sad. Just glad he's ours to love!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.