Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bath time

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lord Wallace (Wally)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bath time

Speaking of baths, we have been just filling the tub up to about his knee level and then kind of giving him a sponge bath. Is it OK just to stand them under the shower and shampoo him like that? I have been terrified of getting water in his ears but I don't think he is getting as clean as he could be.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

@pdac1975 You can take wadded up cotton balls and put in his ears to help keep water out. Then after the bath use an ear cleaner- the one from the vet is best. It has something in it that dries any wet in the ear (probably alcohol related)

It' really important to rinse shampoo off thoroughly because dried on shampoo can cause irritation/allergy symptoms.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

@pdac1975..witch hazel is great for ears too! I put some on a cotton pad and clean out jakes ears. It is a drying agent so it's great after a bath to make sure ears are dry! Both my dogs love this part I actually use this every other day on jakes ears and always part of a bath!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pdac1975 View Post
    Speaking of baths, we have been just filling the tub up to about his knee level and then kind of giving him a sponge bath. Is it OK just to stand them under the shower and shampoo him like that? I have been terrified of getting water in his ears but I don't think he is getting as clean as he could be.
    Sometimes I will put lex in the shower w me when I first get in and wash him off, and jeff is waiting on the other side w a towel to dry him off lol.. But of course I cotton ball his ear before. We also have a shower head that u can remove and it has been awesome, and he loves it when u put it close to his skin guess it's that's massaging feeling...
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moses
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Moe LOVES his baths.... if I mention "bath" he will bolt for the stairs and run to the tub. He has a squeeky shark and a tennis ball for bath toys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads