For show!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]...you goof!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Po sure is a little cutie patootie! Awwww.

As for showing..go for it! But, it's a big time commitment and quite a bit of money. Lots of traveling, too.

It's really hard to tell if puppies are "show quality" at a young age. People who buy puppies whom the breeder believe will grow up to be "show quality" are taking a HUGE gamble. The puppy deemed to be the least likely to be show quality could grow up to far surpass the puppy that was supposed to be the pick of the litter. They just grow at different rates and you never quite know how they're going to turn out!

OP
VuBulldogs

VuBulldogs

Jun 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
Po
Thanks! I will show her as an activity that we will both enjoy. I cant wait to win our first time!

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Moe came from a line of show dogs... that's what his breeder was into, and I guess that helps sell pups. Moe would never be a good show dog though, his curly tail stands up instead of laying down, but I actually feel lucky in that it makes tushy cleaning easy. He has other issues as well, but that is all part of being Moe, and I wouldn't trade him for any show dog. [MENTION=2490]VuBulldogs[/MENTION] did you buy her with expectations of her being a show dog? If so, it would be a risky investment at that age, but best of luck... she sure is adorable.

OP
VuBulldogs

VuBulldogs

Jun 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
Po
Yeah.....I want her to be a show dog and her blood gives her a good chance I assume. If not, its all good!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Your baby is so, so cute! And I am partial because I LOVE white bullies - I've had two myself!

She actually reminds me of my Linus when he was little...which was 77 pounds ago!

I have been approached by a bunch of people asking if I have neutered Linus because his looks, health, and temperament are so good but he was basically given to me (for the cost of shipping from IL) because his polka dots on his ears and he has a small scar on his back from when he was delivered C section. Also there was something wrong with the way his ears developed that the breeder didn't like or wasn't standard.

Anyway, my impression is that it is almost impossible to tell at such a tender age whether or not they will be show dogs because so many traits have yet to be determined. I got Linus a little older (4.5 months) because he was at the point the breeder knew he was not show quality.

Although he is momma's best in show :luv:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.