For show!

VuBulldogs

Jun 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
Po
My puppy is 11 weeks @ 15lbs. Do you people think that she will be good enough for dog shows or would I just be wasting my time to compete her?

11 weeks 021R.jpg

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I have heard from some people who show their EBs that you can't really make a determination on how well they may do until about 6 months. She sure is cute though.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Oh my!!! She is beautiful!!! Good stacking. Oh, and welcome to the forum.

OP
VuBulldogs

VuBulldogs

Jun 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
Po
heeheh.....Its her natural pose. I have to learn how to stack and if I hold her then she wont stay still to stack, but if I dont touch her then she stacks naturally. hahah Thanks all and very nice to be here. She will be loved and be a pet FIRST. She loves to go to the back yard and roll around in the dirt and I heard that If I want her to be a show dog then I have to keep her clean and things of that nature can stain her white coat. I just let her do all her puppy things and I just hope that I could show her but, if I can't because of stains of having fun and being a puppy. Then I won't show!

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
heeheh.....Its her natural pose. I have to learn how to stack and if I hold her then she wont stay still to stack, but if I dont touch her then she stacks naturally. hahah Thanks all and very nice to be here. She will be loved and be a pet FIRST. She loves to go to the back yard and roll around in the dirt and I heard that If I want her to be a show dog then I have to keep her clean and things of that nature can stain her white coat. I just let her do all her puppy things and I just hope that I could show her but, if I can't because of stains of having fun and being a puppy. Then I won't show!

Thats the way I think too. Matilda is almost 6 months, I too am gonna try the show thing. But she is and always will be my loving pet first.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake

FYI...I am NATURALLY stacked also! :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
FYI...I am NATURALLY stacked also! :lmao: :lmao:

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] Gravity will take care of that. :rofl:

[MENTION=2490]VuBulldogs[/MENTION] Your pup is beautiful! I think if you get involved in a local bulldog club you can learn more about showing. At least in our area that's what the local club is geared to.

Last edited:

abigail01

Mar 13, 2011
I think showing the dogs is alot of time committment and money. This is just my opinion. I think alot of it is by breeders so that they can sell puppies for more money. I would go to some shows and just observe . A lot of these people have been in it for years. I think sometimes its a closed club,if u know what I mean.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
She is gorgeous!!! Good luck with showing if that's what you decide to do.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I think showing the dogs is alot of time committment and money. This is just my opinion. I think alot of it is by breeders so that they can sell puppies for more money. I would go to some shows and just observe . A lot of these people have been in it for years. I think sometimes its a closed club,if u know what I mean.

I agree with you. I very much got that feeling when we went to a meet up sponsored by the local club; especially when someone commented on Gracie's spotted ears. They didn't say it but the tone of voice said, 'Ewww, spotted ears". Well, you know what they can do with that comment don't you... :D

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I think it is what you make it! If you don't have a thick skin then competition of that sort might not be your thing. I think it would be fun if you keep it that way. You get to spend time with your pup and show them off a bit.

I only know a couple of show people and the ones I know are great! But then, I am not showing my pups. lol. I considered it. Gator looks right. He has a GREAT topline and head but his gait is off. His back legs are a little too strait when he "trots" so his "roll" is off. Gypsy is also a nice pup with a good topline, beautiful gait and great face but her eyeliner is not complete on one eye. We didn't pick them for show but I might have tried it if they didn't have those "flaws" (not flaws to ME! they are my babies! They just would be considered so in the show ring). Their sire is a GCh. #5 Bulldog for 2010 and won best of opposite sex in the breed at the 2010 AKC/Eukanuba. He was also invited to Westminster.

Edited to add: We didn't choose them because of who their sire is or because we wanted show quality pups (we knew they weren't when we chose them). We chose them for their health, temperment and the integrity of the breeder.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online