Underbite

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
Brodie is 6 months old and already has a pretty large underbite. You can see his fangs sticking out sometimes now. I have seen pictures of adult bulldogs with almost no underbite. Is it a hereditary thing? Or maybe it is like the nose rope some do and some don't? I just wondered what the difference was.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Hmm I'm not sure about other bulldogs but my Samson has a defined underbite BUT it doesn't stick out, you have to open his mouth to see it. So you couldn't tell by just looking at him.

bjsfarm

Jan 12, 2011
Narvon PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Butter Cup, Ellie, Double D & CJ. Jr., Max, Doc & Willie
under bites are a standard of the bulldog breed, however they should not stick out when their mouth is shut, but some do..... its nothing to worry about or unless your bulldog has a problem eating. Some people like the look of the bottom jaw sticking out. But it can lead to problems if they stick out too much and should definitely NOT be used for breeding.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
We don't have a big underbite here, kinda like Samson you gotta open their mouth to actually see.

OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
Well you can always see his bottom 4 teeth and sometimes his 2 fangs. It in no way stops him from eating! LOL...but I'll watch and if something changes I'll get with the Vet.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I never had a bulldog whose toofs showed on the bottom until Truman...I didn't think I'd like it but I do now! :)

OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
Oh I love it! I think it is freaking adorable. My boyfriend, who bought my baby for me for our 1 yr anniversay (yea I'm spoiled.lol) is hoping Brodie looks like UGA when he is full grown and he has a massive underbite!
UGA.jpg

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
o ya uga was a handsome boy... [MENTION=994]melanie[/MENTION]an did you hear that he passed away during football season?

OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] NO!!!! I did not hear. Aww I loved this UGA he was awesome. He was so chill he would just lay in his house on the sideline with the air conditioner blowing on him just chilling. They get all of the "UGA's" from the same breeder and they are always pure white. Wonder what the new UGA will look like. I'm very sad now. I loved UGA he was so stocky and awesome looking.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gator has one but the only time his teeth stick out is when he licks his chops and his lips get stuck under there. lol. If he is just sitting there, you can't see his teeth.

OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
Aww I just read the article about uga, he was only 17 months old. poor baby!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
[MENTION=2121]melanieian[/MENTION] ya its was a sad day. have they said anything about getting a new uga or they just gonna use the back up uga?

OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
I looked at that yesterday and so far there has not been any talk of an Uga VIIII so they may just use his backup :(

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.