Is it possible a breeder lied about age?

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Is this possible...I mean obviously anythings possible. I remember when I got the pup he was 2 and a half months old so the breeder said..being 10 weeks. What is the earliest a pup can be taken from its mother? The reason I ask..is when I called the breeder, I never had any interviews or anything keep that in mind. I called the breeder who was about 2 hours away. And they were making excuses that didnnt really make sense as to why I couldn't take Samson home. I thought they thought I was just some kid so I told them I'd pick up the pup and bring cash so they knew I was serious. All the sudden they said okay come, when I got there they told me Samson was 10 weeks old. The kijiji add said thy were born 5 weeks ago...when I heard the breeder say 10 I just assumed the add was old. I always thought Samson was small for his age...I never thought up until recently when I ran into a stranger in London when I was visiting my brother...who had a bulldog. Looked very similar to Samson but had more white on her. I asked where she got him and get this, SAME breeder about 45 minutes north....and this looked like it could be a sibling on Samson...funny thing is I asked how old and she said "she just turned 6 months" which baffles me because Samson just turned 7 months a week or so ago.......??? I know there was only the two parents on site ....could it be that Samson's younger then I think and the breeder was horrible enough to give him up for the cash??

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Just thought I would add in..Samson would have been 6 weeks old when I got him if this is correct ...

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Everything is possible!!!! Sometimes litters do seem to wean off their mums earlier than normal.... how many litters were there when you went to see them.

Just wondering if this was a place where they had more than one litter available?

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
There was only 1 litter at the time I went to get samson

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Do you have a pic from when you first got him? I can maybe tell from a pic!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Also if you have AKC papers it gives DOB

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
it is possible and I felt the same thing for Bella. She was so very tiny when we got her.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Pictures would be great if you have them. I hate the thought that they would lie. If you really wanted him, telling you the truth and waiting a week or more isn't a bad thing!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.