quick question

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I was just wondering if our little man should still be shedding. I tends to shed more right after a bath, but I have been brushing him like crazy and and whenever people pet him hair goes flying. I know they go through stages of shedding their winter coats and then the summer coats, but he has been shedding for a while and like crazy. He isn't loosing hair (no bald spots) just shedding. Is this normal/ok? If it is I am fine with it I just wanted to make sure. I don't think he minds the shedding, he just lays there and enjoys the pampering of being brushed! :)

meatys mom

May 6, 2011
georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
meaty
I'm going through the same thing right now!! I gave him a bath yesterday because now he has rusty stuff under his chin and in his wrinkles!! But after the bath the hair is flying out when I brush him. And when he gets his pets its all over the place as well. How old is your dog? Mine will be one on June 3 and I was wondering if they loose puppy fur?????? Not to sure but I just switched his dog food from NVI to fromm because of the rusty stuff, not sure if that will do it.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Ruckus is still shedding too. He's switched over to the Fromm beef and everything cleared up. He looks great! The shedding never stopped though. I'm thinking ( hoping) it's season shedding.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
We shed like crazy here too!! I try to brush lex and Bo every day or every other day and it helps a little but not a lot. I swear in one day I can make 1 to 2 lex's and I could probably make 30 bos in just one day!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gator is shedding quite a bit right now too. I am assuming it is because it is getting warmer. I would think that as long as it isn't big clumps, there aren't any bald spots and his skin looks normal and not itchy or with a rash, it is ok.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Since I started using the shampoo from the vet It is an anti-fungal-yeast shampoo that you massage on their skin, let sit for 10 min. then rinse real good, Vegas's shedding has decreased by at least 75%!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Chaos sheds like crazy too. [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] whats the name of that shampoo so I can ask for it? That would be awesome !

[MENTION=1790]Luvin My Bullie[/MENTION], it is called Vet Solutions, Anti-Fungal, Anti-Yeast shampoo for dogs. I swear by it!

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I'm going through the same thing right now!! I gave him a bath yesterday because now he has rusty stuff under his chin and in his wrinkles!! But after the bath the hair is flying out when I brush him. And when he gets his pets its all over the place as well. How old is your dog? Mine will be one on June 3 and I was wondering if they loose puppy fur?????? Not to sure but I just switched his dog food from NVI to fromm because of the rusty stuff, not sure if that will do it.

Tubs is 7 1/2 months old..

But it sounds like most of us are going through the same thing, so I won't worry about it. My parents have a lab and she sheds like crazy 2 times a year and she has finished shedding her winter coat. That was the reason I was asking about bullies....Tubs started shedding around the same time my parent's dog started shedding and he hasn't stopped. I will just enjoy our grooming time together. Last night I was brushing him and he laid down and rolled over. I probably brushed him for a good half hour. I do have to say the brushing is very therapeutic, but the vacuuming is another story!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie doesnt appear to be shedding too badly right now but two months ago it was awful. Daddy has really bad shedding right now but it's not noticeable paticuarly until you move his crate and you leave a rectangular patch of hair where his crate used to be!!

However, Bear - our lab mix - is shedding so bad now that it's almost undescribable!!

We are trying to sell our house so you can imagine how much vacuuming is going on ... I can vacuum a room and within seconds of Bear entering the room there are clumps of black hair everywhere!!! :cry::cry:

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
Since I started using the shampoo from the vet It is an anti-fungal-yeast shampoo that you massage on their skin, let sit for 10 min. then rinse real good, Vegas's shedding has decreased by at least 75%!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I just found some Dr. Fosters antifungal-yeast shampoo yesterday at Walmart for 10.00 which I know is not as good as the stuff from the vet but i grabbed it to use until Memphis's app. next wk so i am hopeing it does the trick cause he is shedding like crazy as well as being rusty under his chin n arms... Also switched from NVI Duck to Fromm Beef grain free...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.