Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breeding

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Default Breeding

So I took the Bulldozer to the vet for a full checkup and shots. Our vet is very experienced with bullies and loved dozer. According to her Dozer is a Olde English Bulldogge and with the tiger stripped brindle, apparently quite rare. She suggested doing some blood tests to see if he would be suited for breeding, which she didn't even charge us for . Anyway, we had not even considered breeding him, because he is not papered or anything (being a rescue, we knew very little about him at first) but from what the vet could tell he is not a crossbreed, no birth defects and nothing abnormal in any of the tests.
    My question is about the breeding..
    I have phoned a select few breeders and they all said the same thing, that even with the tests they want to see paperwork on his heritage. Is this something I should continue looking into or just not consider what the vet said?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)

I believe it is daily easy to get papers. You cannot register him akc because you do not have the parents papers. But you can get purebreed papers on akc website called pal/ilp papers. Its 35 bucks and you just gotta fill out a form and send a picture of the face and aide view. However I do believe the pup is required to be neutered ... but as long as yoo can't see his man jewls in the picure you should be good ..just an option!

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)

PS can you post pics please? Sorry for all the typos I'm on my touch phone and it sucks

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Breeding

I dont know anything about this but he is VERY handsome!!

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

most breeders will want paperwork. they are paying for a good bloodline and if you don't have papers, they can't verify the blood line. are you showing your dog or planning on showing him? can i ask what your motivation for breeding is?

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)

Hello~
    First off I want to say thank you for adopting a rescue dog. He is a very nice and healthy looking dog. Good for you!
    There are far too many dogs of ALL breeds that need a home. And there are far too many that are euthanized becuase of the over population. I will disclose that my wife and I are breeders. We currently breed English Bulldogs and have also been Arabian horse breeders for over 25 years. I do not pass judgement. I can only tell you that beyong creating a litter of pups, it is the responsibility of of being a breeder to be responsible for improving the breed bloodline, personal responisbility for protecting the blood and being a steward of the breed.
    As others have posted, being a breeder will required pedigree and registrations. I just did a quick goolge search for Bulldog puppies for sale. There are 4,890,000 hits.
    Also talk to the breeders about how costly both in terms of time and money it takes to produce a litter.

Good Day~
    B&B~ABEBD

"Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Just to clarify, the only reason that I was looking into it was on the advice of our vet because he apparently has rare features (and perfect health). I don't plan to show Dozer, except at the dog park I wasn't looking to start a puppy mill or become a breeder I'm quite sure that there are more then enough qualified and dedicated breeders out there, I just wanted to make sure we weren't nuturing a rare combination of the breed.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Ultimately the decision is yours. He is a beautiful boy, but I think without papers you are better off to get him fixed and save yourself the hormonal troubles.

I wrote this article awhile back and gave it an update, and just published it. Hope it helps you make your decisions.

English Bulldog News Forums ~ - About Bulldog Breeding: Learn What It Takes

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Alex David

Now we can find bull breed every where in world.Every where the interbreeding's experiments have been done successfully but being a pet dog lover i personally think that French and American Bull dogs are the best among all,specially American.
    electric dog fence
    Last edited by Alex David; 05-28-2011 at 02:09 AM.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@desertskybulldogs those articles were great! I am with Stig's mom. I am more the babysitter type. lol

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

You're lucky to have a nice healthy baby! I agree with @desertskybulldogs, save yourself the hormonal problems and neuter. Lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads