JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I can't believe I forgot to check on this. Can you use regular sunscreen on puppies. Specifically Jack, our 5.5 month old American Staffordshire Terrier. He's as pink as they get with a thin white coat. We're headed out tonight in just a bit for 5 wonderful days of camping by the lake down south of here in the desert. He won't be on the boat with us (nor will Wilson for obvious reasons) but Jack has very pink underbelly, ears, snout, etc.

Not that he'll be out in the sun for long but....
Here's Jack and of course Wilson and him playing tug-a-war.
. 4-17-11 (52).JPG5-2-11 (4).JPG

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
I use a kid type sunscreen on lexs face he is all white. We learned the hard way last yr when he was little. We went to the lake to let the boys play and lex got really red. we now use kid sunscreen rub it in his jows and ears.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I use a kid type sunscreen on lexs face he is all white. We learned the hard way last yr when he was little. We went to the lake to let the boys play and lex got really red. we now use kid sunscreen rub it in his jows and ears.
Thanks for that info Kendall. I'll seek out Kids Sunscreen when we get to the lake.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
you could use a spray kids sunscreen and just comb/massage it into his skin. i saw some spray doggie sunscreen at the pet supply place today, but i know it isn't available everywhere, so i would think the kids stuff is safe for him in a pinch. it had the same active ingredients too.

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
This is great info! I noticed Brutus got a lil pink from playing outside since his face is white...off to get some sunscreen!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
This is all excellent advice ... can't say that I've ever used it myself because we drag Maggie's hairy little butt inside as soon as we can. Much to her disgust as she just loves to sunbathe!!!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey everyone, we're having a great time at the lake just chillin'. I got Water Babies spray lotion and Water Babies stick for Jack. The stick works great for the snout and around his eye and lip. I'll post pics of Wilson and Jack on Tuesday. Thanks again! :)

Last edited:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am glad everyone is having fun! Thanks for the tips on sunscreen. I need to get some too. I planned to pull out the baby pool and am afraid they might get a burn.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.