Rough time, decisions to make....

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
So tonight we had our 3rd week of obedience class. I am a little upset because they are going over everything that we already worked on in Puppy class. It is also frustrating because there are so many people in the class that never took their dogs through puppy class and we have to sit around waiting for them to work with these other dogs before we move on. So tonight it was hot and Tubs was moving a lot slower than usual. He was having a hard time walking at a pace with the other dogs, so I brought him into the middle of the ring to walk him. One of the trainers told me to speed up my pace and have to walk faster. I told her that he was having a hard time because it was hot....heck I was hot. Then we worked on walk and sit. He does this, but again he was going slower than before and since he didn't immediately sit she told me I had to PUT him in a sit so he would speed up his reaction time. I again had to tell her that he was HOT! After this exercise she told the next owner and dog to go ahead and I went to take Tubs to get a drink and she stopped me and told me I had to go back in line. I told her, very sternly, that I was going to get him a drink. Then we had to sit there while she talked about how wonderful she is and how wonderful her dogs are. This is NOT what I paid for. I know Tubs has to go through obedience training before he can go through the Therapy Dog training, but I am feeling that this is a waste of my time. I am going to stick it out for the last 3 weeks, but I need to find something else for him/us. Funny thing is...they don't even do the Therapy Dog Training there.

I have done a lot of research, but I can't seem to find anywhere to go in the South Jersey area for the Therapy Dog Classes. Does anyone one here have any suggestions or information on Therapy Dog Training in my areas??????

This is suppose to be fun for the both of us, but it is sucking big time. Not something I want to deal with after working a 12 hour day and then not getting home until 9:30 :nonono:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That doesnt sound very fun :(. I hope you can find those classes....

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Wow that's messed up surely she noticed how hot he was, sure isn't hard to tell on bullies!! I woulda told her where to stick it if she didn't like it then I want my money back because clearly this isn't the class I signed up for!!

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
no help here but dont get me starte...nobody and i mean nobody stops me from watering my dogs when they need it and if they try ill let the rottie loose on them hehehe...even my rats get watered every other day so definitely my dogs will get watered when its needed. Good luck but if you dont find whats needed its best not to continue since they can sense when youre strained or tense and its best to be enjoying it and having fun then being angry.

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
Sounds more like boot camp and not training class :( You should seriously ask her if she is knowledgable about bulldogs next time she has an issue with him being hot or getting water....obviously, she's not lol.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
When we go to class I always have a bowl of water next to me for Stiggy, every once in a while but in every training class he drinks from it. The temp in the store is always ok so I can't even imagine how warm it must've been where you two were. I'd rethink it too if too stressful for both of you. Our bullies are very sensitive to the climate they're in and the trainer should've understood that and not stop you from getting him water.

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Wow that frustrated me reading that. How would she feel if your bully got heat stroke! Arrrg some people's kids I tell ya!

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yep that got me irritated just reading it also. I think if this happens again I would give her a piece of my mind. I am not the one to say anything to anyone until I have been pushed enough and in this case I think if this even happens again I would be to that point. Maybe bring her a handbook on bulldogs and tell her she should know the breeds she is trying to "teach". Dumba$$! Sorry that really set me off a little. If you only have 3 more classes I say try and hang in there since you work so hard at work and dont have all day to train all over again. BUT if it keeps being this miserable I would do what is best for you. Is this the owner and trainer? Is there someone to complain to? When all is said and done I would def give a review online! One thing people do not consider is there are so many avenues that people can take with computers nowadays. These rude business should be put in their place.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I am astonished that she would even try to stop you getting a drink for your bully ... or any dog for that matter!! What kind of trainer is she????!!!! Hopefully, this was just a one-off and next time you go back it will be different!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.