puppy school

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
We had our first class at puppy school on Sunday. I was so proud of her, she sat every time she was asked :D It was great! There is only one other dog in the class so far (a giat 10wk old Newfoundland). Lola was very cautious, and the other dog just wanted to stand on her and bite her ears! She is so animated at home, I was surprised to see her being so shy and submissive. She really hasn't been around any dogs at all since we brought her home. I was paranoid until she got all her shots.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh my, Lola is adorable!!! How old is she now?

Tate also just started puppy classes at Pet Smart this past Saturday. His class has 5 other puppies in it. Lola is in a small class...at least she'll get lots of individual attention tho. I'm sure she just has to get used to being around other dogs since it's all new to her. Are you taking her for walks now? I find that my walks w/Tate has been a great way for him to socialize with other dogs we meet.

Hope you and Lola have fun with her classes!

OP
korikelly

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Thank you!! She was four months on the 14th. We have started going for walks the last week or so, and if she even hears another dog bark she sits and won't move, or turns to head for home (dragging me all the way)! If it's quiet, she'll walk to the end of our street and back a couple of times. I figure it's just so new that she'l get used to it. Wearing her out is doing wonders for bedtime! Yep, it's Petsmart for us, too. There were other choices, but all of them were weekday mornings, just doesn't work for us.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hey, Tate will be 4mos too...this Friday. Too bad we didn't live closer to each other...the two of 'em could become bully buddies!

i know what u mean about the walks and wearing them out. That's one of the main reasons why i love taking Tate out for his walk b4 dinnertime...gets him ready for bed by 9pm!

OP
korikelly

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Yeah, SoCal is a bit far for us to come for a playdate :) How is Tate doing with sleeping at night? We go to bed around 10pm. Lola is usually up at 2 or 3 to go potty, and then ALWAYS up by 5:30am for breakfast. Like clockwork. We don't even set our alarms anymore. I guess I thought we'd be sleeping better by now. I swear it's just like having an infant!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Yeah, SoCal is a bit far for us to come for a playdate :) How is Tate doing with sleeping at night? We go to bed around 10pm. Lola is usually up at 2 or 3 to go potty, and then ALWAYS up by 5:30am for breakfast. Like clockwork. We don't even set our alarms anymore. I guess I thought we'd be sleeping better by now. I swear it's just like having an infant!

I put Tate to bed at around 8:30pm and then he plays awhile in bed before falling asleep...usually at 9:30pm. He has been sleeping thru the night, wakes up at 6:30am most of the time. For some reason tho, last night he woke up at 11:30pm and was wide awake. Luckily he was able to fall asleep again w/in half an hour 'cuz i had to get up early for work today. Yep, it's like having a human baby in the house...sometimes even more demanding than that!:D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.