peeing in a new house

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
I've been having the same problem. I think it's a marking thing with mine, he's a male. I'm guessing Bosswick is a male, too. My dog, Meilyr, is new to us. Had him since 03/2011, 1 1/2 old. Just found him peeing on his clean sheets in his crate and on his pillow that he lays his head on. It's almost like he's marking the object to take ownership of it. Hopefully some of the experts will come on here to give advise. I just alway take him out as soon as I catch him. Almost like I'm retraining his potty habits.

OP
B

BigBossMan24

Feb 1, 2011
yah i dont understand why they do that i never heard of a dog doing that before

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
male un-altered dogs are notorious for marking. I've heard even some neutered ones will continue the habit if they go somewhere new.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes being a new house he is claiming it as his. I am not much help for stopping. My boys eventually gave up after many times cleaning. I know you need to clean it up completely using something that takes the odor away or they will keep remarking the same spots. Cant think of the name of it but I know petsmart or petco carries a good cleaner that removes the scent also.

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Yes being a new house he is claiming it as his. I am not much help for stopping. My boys eventually gave up after many times cleaning. I know you need to clean it up completely using something that takes the odor away or they will keep remarking the same spots. Cant think of the name of it but I know petsmart or petco carries a good cleaner that removes the scent also.

Could it be Nature's Miracle? Someone suggested that to us when we got Tubs. Be careful with this though because it can bleach out some carpets. I didn't have a problem in my house, but it was a problem at my parent's house. They also have a powder that you can lay on the spot, if it is on a carpet, and it will soak it up. I think you have to leave it for a few hours and then vacuum it up.

Sorry I can't be much help with the accidents though. We didn't have a problem house training Tubs. He has an accident here and there at my parent's house because he tends to not have the roam of the house (so he doesn't bother my parent's 12 1/2 year old lab who is old and doesn't want to be bothered with a puppy), so he doesn't have the freedom to get to the door to say "hey I gotta go". Hope you find your answers soon.....

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I remember when we first got Stig and he wasn't housebroken yet, I'd use a mix of water and vinegar to neutralize the spots where he peed on the carpet. I forgot who told me about that but it really worked.

And about the marking, I'm guessing is a waiting and training game again. I'm sure he'll eventually stop the habit, but just remember to neutralize the areas.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online