feeding tablets

tachia

Apr 11, 2010
New Plymouth, New Zealand
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Kahn
Pleeeeease does anyone have any great tricks, ideas or just suggestions on how they feed their little 4 legged kids tablets? I am having huuuge trouble getting any tablets into Bailey ... I have tried disguising them in treats, bribing, and have even resorted to just putting them in the back of her throat only to have on all occassions end up back on the floor!! :mad: ... She will even eat the entire treat and will leave the most minutest amount of it which of course contains the tablet! ... very clever little bullie my Bailey! Her mummy got very fustrated with her yesterday and told her off!! ... but she just stood her stubborn bulldog ground :mad:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
for us peanut butter on a spoon with whatever pill mixed in works or the big ones work well for us with american cheese wrapped around and smooshed onto the pill. They will have to eat the pill to eat the cheese. Good luck!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yep, I use the American cheese. Do they have american cheese in new Zealand tachia?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I figured you wouldn't. It is processed gooey typical american food. Not even sure if its really cheese to be honest!

It usually comes in prewrapped slices. I admit I love it. I use Borden, but the most common is made by Kraft. No, I don't think I have ever seen american cheese in a block before....

Here is a photo of american cheese:

kraft_american_cheese.jpg

631px-American_cheese.jpg

OP
tachia

tachia

Apr 11, 2010
New Plymouth, New Zealand
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Kahn
Yip we have that ... and I only bought some yesterday cos the 2 legged kids just demolish it! we call it cheese singles .. I'm off to give it a go!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Hope it works for you! I have heard of many using hot dogs also but havent had to myself. hat is funny, of couse they wouldnt call it american cheese huh? Didnt realize you were in New Zealand, sorry. :eek:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Now we can ask tachia if she has ever had a peannut butter and jelly sandwich. Or maybe a Twinkie? ;)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas gets potassium bromide in liquid form plus phenobarb and an acid reducer in tablet form. He swallows all of this in one gulp. I take one slice of singles cheese and break off the very end for Orion's acid reducer, then the remaining piece I divide in half. I take 1/4 of a slice of bread. I put the tablets on the bread, pour the potassium bromide on the bread, put the other half of the cheese on top and he opens up and swallow it down. Hey, I'm gonna make you a video! (my bullies are pigs and will swallow anything without pausing to investigate what it is)
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r278/Libra92673/?action=view&current=MVI_3300.mp4

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I use American cheese too. I found thats the easily because its sticky and it forms around a pill. So like Cali~Jen said, they got eat the pill if they want the cheese!

Libra that is an awesome was to sneak the liquid medicine in there! Never would have thought of that!

LuvBully26

Mar 8, 2010
Henderson. NV
Bulldog(s) Names
Buda,Bentley,Bella,Diesel, & Gia
You can also try pill pockets they have them for tablets and capsules also comes in chicken or beef flavors.
You can buy them at Pets Mart. Hope this helps.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Libra, you didn't show them eatting it:(

Actually, I didn't feed it to them because I made the video just for that purpose. If I would have given it to him, it would have been a double dose. Although, I did give them the cheese, I just threw away the pills and the bread.

**I think that is the last video ever to be made with the pink camera. It now will not register the media card. I have to either buy a new camera or get it fixed before Friday** ~~~~~~~babies~~~~~~~~

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
Huge response to this question on our facebook fan page! :)

cream cheese, or in a lil meat ball of can food

Saturday at 10:33am ·

I've only had my 5 yr old bullie girl for a month and she's been on skin antibiotics and benedryl pretty much the entire time. i tried peanut butter--i've heard how all EB's love it--well she doesn't and bc of her food allergy I am very limited on what i can give her---i wrap it in yello cheese--its the only thing that works--i will prob see if they make the can food and try that instead since it would be healthier for her :)

Saturday at 10:36am ·

the gang loves peanut butter...I just wrap some around their meds and it works great for them

Saturday at 10:36am ·

cheese definitely works but my pooches like all foods so sometimes I put it in a hunk of beef... or chicken... but cheese is definitely my first choice.... LOL!

Saturday at 10:44am ·

I hide the pills in a tablespoon of plain yougurt on top of her dry food. The yougurt also helps with digestion and the control of gas! She just licks up the yougurt and then digs into the food.

Saturday at 10:47am

My Otto eats mashed potatoes and hamburger meat because of his skin issues. If he has to have medicine I just hide it in a spoon of food and feed it to him :)

Saturday at 10:49am ·

i just put it in a "pill pocket". its a meaty ball and u place the pill inside so it tricks the dog into taking it

Saturday at 11:05am ·

Canine cookies: 2 c flour, 1 c shredded cheese, 1 c creamy peanut butter, 1/2 c Crisco..roll in balls, bake 400 for10 minutes..push pills into cookie while warm..store in zip lock baggies..keep refrigerated - put the ones with pills in them separate and marked..Bailey will be scratching the fridge door asking for them..

Saturday at 11:12am · Otis took the "Pill Pockets" like a champ, until one day he saw me hiding the pill in it...when I tossed it up in the air, he just let it hit his nose and walked off...hello, they ARE NOT STUPID!!! So what hubby does is get him in an "eating frenzy" and fold a piece of cheese around the pill and slip in in between bites of just cheese...works for ... him, but for me, now I just poke it down ihis throat and hold his mouth together and say eat it until he does..but watch to make sure he doesn't walk off and spit it out...lol...then he is ticked off at me for a while...

Saturday at 11:12am ·

we wrap them in something sweet....no worries they ask for more

Saturday at 11:15am ·

My dogs love raw ground beef....

Saturday at 12:35pm ·

Cheese has always worked for our boy. velveeta cheese is realy good.

Saturday at 12:38pm ·

I use pill pockets for spikes medicine. But sometimes I just put it in his mouth and hold it till he swallows it. I don't have a hard time at all ;)

Saturday at 1:37pm ·

Cheese, Kraft American.

Saturday at 2:29pm ·

http://www.facebook.com/kevinlaclairpeanut butter

Saturday at 7:42

Ha ha, Carol, Dempsey caught me too. He also figured out the cheese trick. Fortunately, I haven't had to give him meds in a while. I will need a new trick the next time.

Yesterday at 8:11am ·

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.