Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: feeding tablets

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mom2bullies View Post
    Libra, you didn't show them eatting it
    Actually, I didn't feed it to them because I made the video just for that purpose. If I would have given it to him, it would have been a double dose. Although, I did give them the cheese, I just threw away the pills and the bread.

**I think that is the last video ever to be made with the pink camera. It now will not register the media card. I have to either buy a new camera or get it fixed before Friday** ~~~~~~~babies~~~~~~~~

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member mom2bullies's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

You bet ...you are my camera woman

"For it is not into my ear you whisper, but into my heart.
    It is not my lips you kiss, But my soul"

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Huge response to this question on our facebook fan page!

cream cheese, or in a lil meat ball of can food

Saturday at 10:33am

I've only had my 5 yr old bullie girl for a month and she's been on skin antibiotics and benedryl pretty much the entire time. i tried peanut butter--i've heard how all EB's love it--well she doesn't and bc of her food allergy I am very limited on what i can give her---i wrap it in yello cheese--its the only thing that works--i will prob see if they make the can food and try that instead since it would be healthier for her

Saturday at 10:36am

the gang loves peanut butter...I just wrap some around their meds and it works great for them

Saturday at 10:36am

cheese definitely works but my pooches like all foods so sometimes I put it in a hunk of beef... or chicken... but cheese is definitely my first choice.... LOL!

Saturday at 10:44am

I hide the pills in a tablespoon of plain yougurt on top of her dry food. The yougurt also helps with digestion and the control of gas! She just licks up the yougurt and then digs into the food.

Saturday at 10:47am

My Otto eats mashed potatoes and hamburger meat because of his skin issues. If he has to have medicine I just hide it in a spoon of food and feed it to him

Saturday at 10:49am

i just put it in a "pill pocket". its a meaty ball and u place the pill inside so it tricks the dog into taking it

Saturday at 11:05am

Canine cookies: 2 c flour, 1 c shredded cheese, 1 c creamy peanut butter, 1/2 c Crisco..roll in balls, bake 400 for10 minutes..push pills into cookie while warm..store in zip lock baggies..keep refrigerated - put the ones with pills in them separate and marked..Bailey will be scratching the fridge door asking for them..

Saturday at 11:12am Otis took the "Pill Pockets" like a champ, until one day he saw me hiding the pill in it...when I tossed it up in the air, he just let it hit his nose and walked off...hello, they ARE NOT STUPID!!! So what hubby does is get him in an "eating frenzy" and fold a piece of cheese around the pill and slip in in between bites of just cheese...works for ... him, but for me, now I just poke it down ihis throat and hold his mouth together and say eat it until he does..but watch to make sure he doesn't walk off and spit it out...lol...then he is ticked off at me for a while...

Saturday at 11:12am

we wrap them in something sweet....no worries they ask for more

Saturday at 11:15am

My dogs love raw ground beef....

Saturday at 12:35pm

Cheese has always worked for our boy. velveeta cheese is realy good.

Saturday at 12:38pm

I use pill pockets for spikes medicine. But sometimes I just put it in his mouth and hold it till he swallows it. I don't have a hard time at all

Saturday at 1:37pm

Cheese, Kraft American.

Saturday at 2:29pm

peanut butter

Saturday at 7:42

Ha ha, Carol, Dempsey caught me too. He also figured out the cheese trick. Fortunately, I haven't had to give him meds in a while. I will need a new trick the next time.

Yesterday at 8:11am
    aka "Bullpapa DeLano" on facebook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads