Toy Recommendation?

LolaBear

May 13, 2011
well hello there. need some advice on toys for Lola. She destroys pretty much everything i buy her! does anyone recommend any really fun indestructible toys? By the way, she is already on her second Kong... she broke the first one :nope:

i'm starting to feel guilty because i don't think she has enough toys but then again whats the point of getting her something she'll break in 2 hours?!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Try Nylabone ... Their indestructible, non-edible series. Chunk has two ...

He has had this one since the first week we got him (about 10 months ago) and it's still going strong!

My apologies! My links were not acceptable so here are new ones! ... here is the ones Chunk has:

This one is his fav! We've had this one pretty much since we've had him ... about 10 months! He's put a dent in it but it's still going strong! I learned about these from my father-in-law ... he buys them for his pitbull. And he tears through EVERYTHING!
http://www.amazon.com/Nylabone-Chews-Dogs-Beef-Bone/dp/B0002ASPT6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1306282659&sr=8-5

http://www.amazon.com/Nylabone-Double-Action-Combo-Bone/dp/B0002DGMGG/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1306282659&sr=8-13

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I always recommend the deer antlers. Indestructible..last a loooooong time. Get xlarge though. Carolina pet pantry has them also. Think they are under treats. They are real antlers that are naturally shed. Full of nutrients and dogs love them! Google and read about them!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
when we went to the bully meetup we found a stuffed gingerbread cookie shaped toy made by planet dog that has a squeeker inside. It's the ONLY stuffed toy that has made it far with HRH. It's made from a nylon stretchy material that it seems no matter how hard she bites and pulls it doesn't rip.

if you google toys on their site they call it the Award winning Slobber-Wick Squeak buddy.

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
Try Nylabone ... Their indestructible, non-edible series. Chunk has two ...

He has had this one since the first week we got him (about 10 months ago) and it's still going strong!

(hope they link ok, I'm using the app on my phone).

I was going to recommend the same thing.. Katie's has survived over a month now. It took her a little while to warm up to it, but now she loves chewing it. She has this one:

NylaboneDoubleActionFootball.jpg

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
We have a few that have withstood the test of time. Let me see if I can find any...
We have this in red and it has held up wonderfully. You can put treats in the ends but we never do. lol. The boys like to chew on it
Amazon.com: KONG Extreme Goodie Bone Dog Toy, Medium, Black: Pet Supplies
This one holds up pretty well. Cutty loves the bogger of the 2 balls inside actually so if he doesnt tear it apart we have to cut it open just to give him his new ball. haha That ball however does NOT last very long. In fact Cuttys xmas ball is now almost completely in 2 pieces, looking more like pac-man. haha
Amazon.com: Kong Wubba Dog Toy, Large, Colors May Vary: Pet Supplies
Oh this one seems to be indestructible BUT the squeak is very loud, be warned.
Amazon.com: JW Pet Company Good Cuz Dog Toy, Small (Colors Vary): Pet Supplies
We have a bone similar to this that has lasted a LONG time also. Most of the toys in this material hold up pretty well to chewing I think
Amazon.com: Petstages ORKA Bone: Pet Supplies
Ok this one is not one I have used BUT I couldnt resist, I need this one now! haha
Amazon.com: Moody Pet Humunga Stache Ball Dog Toy: Pet Supplies
These nylabones are wonderful. There are a couple diff styles and they last a couple years here. In fact we had to get rid of the last ones cuz the edges got sharp from their chewing not cuz they actually wore out.
Amazon.com: Nylabone Double Action Combo Bone Chew Toy, Wolf: Pet Supplies
Oh and this is what we call the star. A fun throw toy and a great chewey one too. Ours has lasted a long time, a couple years I think. It no longer looks so good but still going strong.
Amazon.com: Pet Stages Orka Chew: Kitchen & Dining
Ok I am done. There are many more I am sure but this list is long enough. haha

OP
L

LolaBear

May 13, 2011
You guys are all so amazing!!! Thank you for the recommendations. I am researching them tonight and hope to get Lola new toys soon!! I'll be sure to take pics :) thanks again!!!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
The other two kinds of toys chunk has are a few big knotted ropes and a bunch of oversized balls. I heard of an EB that swallows regular size tennis balls whole so I've been getting Chunk ones he can push around with his paws and nose ... He loves it. Though he figures out how to pick them up some way. Lol. Here are some pics. The last one is his ultimate fav; it's a Kong oversized tennis ball. The only toy he's ever picked out!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306292583.496484.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306292583.496484.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 117
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306292624.688356.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306292624.688356.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 125
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306292669.943935.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306292669.943935.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 126
OP
L

LolaBear

May 13, 2011
Love the Kong Ball! Going to get it for Lola... thank you!!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I love that Kong ball! I think we need one of those. I also keep saying we are going to get some antlers but we have yet to try them.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.