Thread: Roommates Dog "Meatball" I have some questions

Default Roommates Dog "Meatball" I have some questions

I am a dog person and this is the first time I have spent this much time with a Bull dog. Meatball is a 8 year English Bull Dog. He is kind of lazy, but we are working on that, by walking as often as we can. There are times he is happy to have the lish on but when he get 5 feet away from the house he wants to go back.

The reason I am here is. I am looking for stuff to do with Meatball. What do English Bull Dogs like to do?

Thanks for the help

Brian

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Roommates Dog "Meatball" I have some questions

Umm..sleep..eat...poop.yup that's about it! Naw..seriously..he is an older guy so you need to allow for his age. These dogs aren't known for their stamina..my Jake loves to play ball..but he's only 6 months old..if you can get him to walk more than 5 minutes..you are on your way..to 10 minutes! Good luck and good for you for having a great attitude! Meatball is a lucky guy.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

Sleep!!!! Eat!!!! Sleep!!!! Eat!!! Yup I can't think of anything else. My little guy is snoring away on the floor as we speak!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Just like @JAKEISGREAT said, he is an older guy so you have to allow for that. But you can just go a little further and a little further every day. Just remember now that it is getting warmer, to watch how long he is out in the heat. Usually 15 mins or so is more than enough. Mine LOVE to play tug. They also like to run back and forth across the room with me "chasing" me. Mine won't play fetch. They will run to whatever you threw and then chew it for a while and never bring it back. lol.

SLEEEPPP and definitely EAT!!! And lots of tug of war
    "If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater... suggest that he wear a tail." ~Fran Lebowitz

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

And don't forget about cuddle.... besides eating, sleeping, & farting, they looooooove to cuddle

Real Name
    Kim
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    And don't forget about cuddle.... besides eating, sleeping, & farting, they looooooove to cuddle
    I wish Brutus cuddled! Guess he's too manly for that
    Kim, Steve and Brutus <3

Lucy-licious

er yes I have another that loves to eat, sleep, fart, cuddle and sleep, slobber, kiss, snuggle sleep and fart.
    she also hates to go walkies unless she's having an adventure that includes a car ride and the woods.
    If I just put her lead on and expect her to wonder down the street to the field I have no chance. she will sit down and wait till I give up and take her home.
    Oh but she does love to play in the house with her toys and the odd play fight with daddy

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Yep sleep eat etc... Cutty is 5 1/2 yrs old and does LOVE to play fetch. To a point where he is ocd about it but thats another issue. haha He still loves walks but does tire easily. Bullys are not known for long sprints, period. Not saying some dont have it in them but for the most part if they dont want to then dont try to make them. Especially at 8 yrs old, he may just be too tired. Hips go on these pups too so maybe he aches a little even at that age? Tug isnt a very exhausting activity tho so maybe you can get him to play that. You can try fetch but if he isnt into it by 8 he may not get into that. I just remember when I taught my boy to play ball and now its like "What was I thinking?!?! I created a monster!" haha Would love to see pics of your roomies pup tho!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NJBullyMommy View Post
    My guy won't either. If you put him on the bed or the couch he jumps off. He apparently likes the cool, hard laminate flooring!!!!

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)

Eat, sleep. Some even like to watch TV. Most Bullies are VERY comfortable being lazy. This is one of the traits of the breed. And at 8 years old he is well settled.
    Take it slow, if he has not been exercised much it could be hard on him. They have a small windpipe anyways.
    Good Day~
    B&B~ABEBD

"Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NJBullyMommy View Post
    Wilson does not like to cuddle either....boohoo. He a bit snuggly but only when he first wakes up. He really likes to play while laying on his back. He's getting better on walks but we move at a snails pace - the snail passes us on occasion though.

Remove Ads