Roommates Dog "Meatball" I have some questions

Eckert70

May 23, 2011
I am a dog person and this is the first time I have spent this much time with a Bull dog. Meatball is a 8 year English Bull Dog. He is kind of lazy, but we are working on that, by walking as often as we can. There are times he is happy to have the lish on but when he get 5 feet away from the house he wants to go back.

The reason I am here is. I am looking for stuff to do with Meatball. What do English Bull Dogs like to do?

Thanks for the help

Brian

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Umm..sleep..eat...poop.yup that's about it! Naw..seriously..he is an older guy so you need to allow for his age. These dogs aren't known for their stamina..my Jake loves to play ball..but he's only 6 months old..if you can get him to walk more than 5 minutes..you are on your way..to 10 minutes! Good luck and good for you for having a great attitude! Meatball is a lucky guy.

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Sleep!!!! Eat!!!! Sleep!!!! Eat!!! Yup I can't think of anything else. My little guy is snoring away on the floor as we speak! :)

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Just like [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] said, he is an older guy so you have to allow for that. But you can just go a little further and a little further every day. Just remember now that it is getting warmer, to watch how long he is out in the heat. Usually 15 mins or so is more than enough. Mine LOVE to play tug. They also like to run back and forth across the room with me "chasing" me. Mine won't play fetch. They will run to whatever you threw and then chew it for a while and never bring it back. lol.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
And don't forget about cuddle.... besides eating, sleeping, & farting, they looooooove to cuddle ;)

L

Lucy-licious

er yes I have another that loves to eat, sleep, fart, cuddle and sleep, slobber, kiss, snuggle sleep and fart.
she also hates to go walkies unless she's having an adventure that includes a car ride and the woods.
If I just put her lead on and expect her to wonder down the street to the field I have no chance. she will sit down and wait till I give up and take her home.
Oh but she does love to play in the house with her toys and the odd play fight with daddy :lol:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yep sleep eat etc... Cutty is 5 1/2 yrs old and does LOVE to play fetch. To a point where he is ocd about it but thats another issue. haha He still loves walks but does tire easily. Bullys are not known for long sprints, period. Not saying some dont have it in them but for the most part if they dont want to then dont try to make them. Especially at 8 yrs old, he may just be too tired. Hips go on these pups too so maybe he aches a little even at that age? Tug isnt a very exhausting activity tho so maybe you can get him to play that. You can try fetch but if he isnt into it by 8 he may not get into that. I just remember when I taught my boy to play ball and now its like "What was I thinking?!?! I created a monster!" haha Would love to see pics of your roomies pup tho! :)

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Eat, sleep. Some even like to watch TV. Most Bullies are VERY comfortable being lazy. This is one of the traits of the breed. And at 8 years old he is well settled.
Take it slow, if he has not been exercised much it could be hard on him. They have a small windpipe anyways.
Good Day~

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I wish Brutus cuddled! Guess he's too manly for that :p
Wilson does not like to cuddle either....boohoo. He a bit snuggly but only when he first wakes up. He really likes to play while laying on his back. He's getting better on walks but we move at a snails pace - the snail passes us on occasion though. :lol:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.