Like a waterfall..

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Brutus doesn't really drool for treats, but after he takes a drink of water and it's pouring out of his mouth he must go over to the couch, wipe both sides of his face and then lick the remaining area. Who does that? lol

[MENTION=2251]NJBullyMommy[/MENTION], better than taking a big sloppy drink and coming and laying his head on my lap!! :shout:, makes it look like I pee'd myself!!

Last edited:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Ruggles drools whenever we eat, when I'm cooking, when we go for a walk, pretty much all of the time. He has big floppy jowls that house his very wet mouth. Bulldog #1, Sherman had a wet mouth and now #6, Ruggles has a wet mouth. All of them in between have had dry mouths. I am getting lazy in my old age and it is important to me that my next Bulldog has a dry mouth!

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello~
The term is from Psychology and is refered to as "Pavlov's Bell" (Pavlov's Dog)
Vegas has become conditioned to expect the treat and his salavory glands are automaticaly working in anticipation.
And yes, my dogs are also conditioned. All of my Bullies sleep in their own room at night and have their own crate. When it is time to go to bed, I shake a cup that has a small toy rattle piece in the cup along with biscuits. The dogs RUN down the hallway and get into the proper bed and sit and wait for a treat. They also drool .
Good Day~

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Brutus doesn't really drool for treats, but after he takes a drink of water and it's pouring out of his mouth he must go over to the couch, wipe both sides of his face and then lick the remaining area. Who does that? lol

Tubs only drools when he is panting a lot....it was funny when we took him to the beach the other day he had a string of drool with dirt all stuck in it.....:ROFL:

As far as the drinking thing though. He eats his water instead of drinking it. He is so loud and he laps more onto the floor than he gets in his mouth. He also soaks up a lot of water with the extra skin hanging under his chin. We have to wipe him after he drinks or he will have a trail of water from the bowl making it around the house...then we have to wipe up more than his face! :lol:

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
[MENTION=2251]NJBullyMommy[/MENTION], better than taking a big sloppy drink and coming and laying his head on my lap!! :shout:, makes it look like I pee'd myself!!

Ohhh sure, blame the dog ?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson had his first official drool after drinking from the outside water bowl. It was like 8" long lol. Then he got I his pool and I had left the screen door open like I always do and he got out of his pool and came straight inside and I didn't see him and water was everywhere. He also has such a hippopotamus mouth water spills out of his mouth when he drinks. :shout:

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Tubs only drools when he is panting a lot....it was funny when we took him to the beach the other day he had a string of drool with dirt all stuck in it.....:ROFL:

As far as the drinking thing though. He eats his water instead of drinking it. He is so loud and he laps more onto the floor than he gets in his mouth. He also soaks up a lot of water with the extra skin hanging under his chin. We have to wipe him after he drinks or he will have a trail of water from the bowl making it around the house...then we have to wipe up more than his face! :lol:

[MENTION=1863]speechmom53[/MENTION], Oh yea Vegas gets things stuck in his drool too! this is a piece of grass, lol

April2011Veg013.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.