Man arrested for shooting of an English Bulldog ---What a HORRIBLE MAN!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
bilde.jpgFrom Chicago Tribune: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

An Altoona man has been arrested in connection with the shooting of an English Bulldog last weekend.

Bernard Lear, 49, of Altoona was arrested at about 11 p.m. June 23. He's being held on $6,300 bond for charges of felon in possession of a weapon, animal abuse and a warrant for failure to pay child support. He will have an initial appearance at the Polk County Jail this morning.

Authorities found the dog severely injured in a wooded area at Northwest 26th Street and Interstate Highway 80 north of Des Moines just after 6 p.m. Saturday. It had to be put down due to its injuries.

Polk County Sheriff's Deputy Jana Rooker said the dog was staying with a family member of Lear's in Des Moines but did not know if it was registered.

Last edited:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Let's shoot him for fun.... What causes people to harm animals? I guess the same could be said for anybody harming anyone or anything else. Makes me sick. I wish we had a huge hole in the ground that we could just deposit these people in.

tachia

Apr 11, 2010
New Plymouth, New Zealand
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Kahn
What a freaking @%$!#!! (Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep) ... What goes on in some peoples heads really freak the crap out of me!!! This kinda stuff really makes me angry :mad: and sad :( ... RIP little bullie

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
There is no punishment he could recieve that would be good enough. Breaks my heart to know there are more people out there like this one.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
What is wrong with people?!?!?!? All the animal abusers should be put together in one place where they can be attacked by wild animals. Sad story!

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
It makes me soo angry && sad to hear these kinds of things! People taking advantage of poor innocent animals when they do harm, but give unconditional love! I just don't get why do people harm innocent beings! :(

Chewysdaddy

Jun 3, 2010
I'd love to beat the living $^!# out of that pitiful excuse for human being. Lord have mercy on the individual that would bring harm to my Roscoe.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.