discolored fur under neck, on inside legs n belly

meatys mom

May 6, 2011
georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
meaty
Oh my goodness!!! Poor baby!!! I am so sorry! I pray the new food will help. I'm sure it will. Please let me know how it goes.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello~
It does look like it is a cuse for some research. AS others have posted, there are so many conditions that can cause skin problems with Bullies. This is one of the conditions that Bulie owners have to deal with. A process of elimination takes time to find out exactly what it is. Just switiching foods is a long process and can be very expensive. if you decide to switch food, its best to switch over slowly over the course of a week. Slowly blend old with new during the course of a week. Just doing a complete switch can cause stomach problems and digestion problems. While many if not most Bullies are allergic to chicken, others are also affected by grains.
if your vet has done a scraping and ruled out a yeast infection, it could be from other sources that are causing the redness. Tear stains can be caused by the imbalance in PH levels. The Ph level can be affected by foods, water, grass, plastic or wool.

The point of all this is to TAKE it slowly and only change ONE thing at a time. Track what you change and watch for results.
Good Day~

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
I feed Grain Free Canadae and have very good success. No skin probs, no gas, good stools

OP
B

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
I feed Grain Free Canadae and have very good success. No skin probs, no gas, good stools

apple cider vinigar,you can buy it at health shops ,make sure its unfiltered,i use it on annies itchy bits as shes still a bit itchy but not nearly as bad ,i also put it on her food as she wont take it in her water,just a desert spoon every morning,shes responding very well,but if it is a yeast problem then the only way to get rid of it is to not feed anything that can convert to sugar as carbs make sugar and sugar makes yeast,you may have to rethink kibble ,its only my opinion as the pics do look like bad yeast ,others may think differently ,but to be honest trying to deal with it yourself with natural remmedies is far better for the dog than medication which lowers the immune system thus leading to more problems and medication very rarely cures the illness just the symptoms,only my opinion though,karen

does it have to b apple cider? Can it b reg. vinager? Just wondering... Also do i just rub it on the rusty colored areas or bath him in it?

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i have read that white vinegar is also used for a dogs coat but i dont know if you can put it in the food/water,i only use apple cider vinegar ,i put in her water/food,and spray her withit also,have you checked your dogs ears?i have been having trouble with some form of allergy with annie i put it down to kibble,the vet said frontline!!,well she has been so good up till yesterday,she was absolutly itch free but when i came in from work i had to take her straight to the vets,her ear was so inflames,red pustles all over her stomache and all infected,but her ear is terrible,now she has never shown any symptoms of yeast in her ears which i think is strange,anyway shes on antibiotics,steroid cream for her ears and a strong antihistamine all of which i was trying so hard to avoid!!,strange thing is on tuesday when she was itch free i took her for a run on our local field and also i noticed that the tree stumps where we live have all been sprayed and have white rings around them where pesticides have been sprayed!!,so no more field running or walks for a while come to that i will excersize her in my garden ,karen

OP
B

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis

i have read that white vinegar is also used for a dogs coat but i dont know if you can put it in the food/water,i only use apple cider vinegar ,i put in her water/food,and spray her withit also,have you checked your dogs ears?i have been having trouble with some form of allergy with annie i put it down to kibble,the vet said frontline!!,well she has been so good up till yesterday,she was absolutly itch free but when i came in from work i had to take her straight to the vets,her ear was so inflames,red pustles all over her stomache and all infected,but her ear is terrible,now she has never shown any symptoms of yeast in her ears which i think is strange,anyway shes on antibiotics,steroid cream for her ears and a strong antihistamine all of which i was trying so hard to avoid!!,strange thing is on tuesday when she was itch free i took her for a run on our local field and also i noticed that the tree stumps where we live have all been sprayed and have white rings around them where pesticides have been sprayed!!,so no more field running or walks for a while come to that i will excersize her in my garden ,karen

I was going to say it sounds as if he came into contact w something... Poor guy! Hope he feels better soon! No Memphis's ears look GREAT! n his not itching at all which i know u mentioned that he doesnt have to itch to have yeast... I am gradually swtiching him from the NVI duck n turkey which IS grain free BUT has Tapioca which is high in Carbs to Fromm Beef Frattata... Hopefully this helps but he has his last shot appt in a few days so i will have him totally checked out n see what the vets says... I havent rushed him in because he is not itching, his ears look great etc etc etc...

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
thats great your guys ears are clear,your vet will be able put you in the right direction ,keep us posted ,karen

OP
B

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
Update... I switched Memphis from NVI to FROMM Beef Frittata, bought anti fungal shampoo n apple cidar vinager n the rust color is GONE! YEAAAAAA....

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
thats great your guys ears are clear,your vet will be able put you in the right direction ,keep us posted ,karen

How did you use the apple vinegar? Rub it on? In food/water? ?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I just got off the phone with Fromm. Its a local company here. They told me that the Beef Frittata was the best they had for carb content at 31.5%. Their Salmon flavor Four Star is 39% and the Whitefish/sweet potato is 46%. She also said that for dogs with food allergies the Beef Frittata was the best they make.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] I love the beef frittata. We did get the surf n turf and it is working out pretty well as well. It is grain free but does have a small amount of chicken.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
apple cider vinegar can be put on skin ,used to clean ears,tear stains,can be put in drinking water,in food and after a bath sprayed on a dog and left to soak in ,i use it /white vinegar to mop my floors its fantastic for removing dirt and killing germs,it does smell for a while but the smell soon goes,karen

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.