discolored fur under neck, on inside legs n belly

OP
B

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
It was probably about 6 years ago but I did take her to the vet and they gave me some cream. Not sure what cream it was now since it was so long ago lol. Yeast can be caused by lots of reasons but she would have trapped moisture in her armpits so I had to make sure I kept it clean and dry.

You got some great advice from [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] about the shampoo and panalog. As far as diet, I would try a food with a protein that is not duck/chicken/turkey and see if that helps. I don't know if grains impact yeast but going grain free can help as well. I know some people that have yeast issues that stay away from grains or many carbs. Especially any wheat, potato, rice or corn. Is NVI duck grain free?

Did ur Bassett have a rash or anything w it? Memphis is totally clear w no skin issues just the fur turning red...

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Did ur Bassett have a rash or anything w it? Memphis is totally clear w no skin issues just the fur turning red...

Nope, no rash on the skin really. It was a little more pink than the rest of her skin but nothing alarming. Mostly it was the rusty colored fur. Oh, it was on her belly around her va jay jay area too. She still gets a little pink under her armpits sometimes but I am just very careful to keep it dry. Plus she is on a grain free food that has beef as the main ingredient.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
apple cider vinigar,you can buy it at health shops ,make sure its unfiltered,i use it on annies itchy bits as shes still a bit itchy but not nearly as bad ,i also put it on her food as she wont take it in her water,just a desert spoon every morning,shes responding very well,but if it is a yeast problem then the only way to get rid of it is to not feed anything that can convert to sugar as carbs make sugar and sugar makes yeast,you may have to rethink kibble ,its only my opinion as the pics do look like bad yeast ,others may think differently ,but to be honest trying to deal with it yourself with natural remmedies is far better for the dog than medication which lowers the immune system thus leading to more problems and medication very rarely cures the illness just the symptoms,only my opinion though,karen

OP
B

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
apple cider vinigar,you can buy it at health shops ,make sure its unfiltered,i use it on annies itchy bits as shes still a bit itchy but not nearly as bad ,i also put it on her food as she wont take it in her water,just a desert spoon every morning,shes responding very well,but if it is a yeast problem then the only way to get rid of it is to not feed anything that can convert to sugar as carbs make sugar and sugar makes yeast,you may have to rethink kibble ,its only my opinion as the pics do look like bad yeast ,others may think differently ,but to be honest trying to deal with it yourself with natural remmedies is far better for the dog than medication which lowers the immune system thus leading to more problems and medication very rarely cures the illness just the symptoms,only my opinion though,karen

What do u feed? I have him on Natures Variety Instinct duck n turkey but am going today to pick up Fromm Beef Frittata...

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i raw feed my dog,i have cut out all carbs as i believe she has developed a yeast problem at the moment its only minor ,the only way to tackle yeast in a dog is to cut out carbs and sugar,she hasnt licked her paws today and her belly and pits look good,so im hoping that the yeast is slowly comming out of her system,karen

OP
B

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
i raw feed my dog,i have cut out all carbs as i believe she has developed a yeast problem at the moment its only minor ,the only way to tackle yeast in a dog is to cut out carbs and sugar,she hasnt licked her paws today and her belly and pits look good,so im hoping that the yeast is slowly comming out of her system,karen

Does dry dog food have carbs? Im not where i can look at the bag to see...

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
any kibble i ever used always had carbs,i fed james wellbelloved,fish4 dogs,what do you feed?,karen

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
you need to check online and see whats in the kibble your feeding,it may not say carbs,but if it has tapioca then thats a high carb,its quite a mine field when your kibble feeding,thats why i dont feed it now,they all say a percentage of meat but what grade is the meat,they dont use the best quality its always the cheapest they can get,and after its been baked at high temps then what goodness is left in ,i would imagine none at all,just a flavouring to get the dogs to eat it,dont mean to drone on lol,but after ive seen the effects on kibble v raw i cant help myself lol,karen

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Yay [MENTION=1169]Piamitch[/MENTION]! That is great! Hopefully it will help [MENTION=2159]Bekah Bardwell[/MENTION] too.

OP
B

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
you need to check online and see whats in the kibble your feeding,it may not say carbs,but if it has tapioca then thats a high carb,its quite a mine field when your kibble feeding,thats why i dont feed it now,they all say a percentage of meat but what grade is the meat,they dont use the best quality its always the cheapest they can get,and after its been baked at high temps then what goodness is left in ,i would imagine none at all,just a flavouring to get the dogs to eat it,dont mean to drone on lol,but after ive seen the effects on kibble v raw i cant help myself lol,karen

OH WOW, i checked online n Natures Variety Instinct Duck n Turkeys fourth ingre. is Tapioca uggggggg... (Duck Meal & Turkey Meal Formula
INGREDIENTS: Duck Meal, Turkey Meal, Salmon Meal, Tapioca, Canola Oil, Tomato Pomace, Pumpkinseeds, Herring Meal, Sun-Cured Alfalfa Meal, Montmorillonite Clay, Natural Flavor...)

I will be switching...

http://www.naturesvariety.com/Instinct/dog/kibble/duck

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.